Search This Blog

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Cheesy Ham & Tots Casserole: Breakfast Is Served

Cheesy Ham & Tots Casserole: Breakfast Is Served

Hi everybody :)
"Welcome to another Breakfast Is Served Sunday!" If you're just tuning  in to my post, every Sunday I try to post a Breakfast Is Served. Cappuccino Muffins were the last post. Today is the first breakfast post for the month of March. To kick it off to a great start introducing Cheesy Ham & Tots Casserole. The original recipe used hash brown but I figured tater tots would be fine; so here's what I did...

Cheesy Ham and Hash Brown Casserole
1 (32 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes (I used Onion Tater Tots; cut into pieces)
8 ounces cooked, diced ham
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of potato soup
1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (I used Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese)
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese (I omitted this)

(1 tbsp. sweet red pepper)
(1 tbsp. chives, divided 1 tsp. into the casserole & 2 tsp. sprinkled over top)

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
   
In a large bowl, mix hash browns, ham, cream of potato soup, sour cream, and Cheddar cheese. 

Spread evenly into prepared dish. 
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese) 
Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until bubbly and lightly brown. 
Serve immediately.
Source: Allrecipes

What I Did and/or Think:

Since I'm home alone I only did a small serving of this recipe; baking it in a small casserole dish for 25 minutes. The other changes are in Bold, Italic, & Purple
 
The Taste: The casserole had a great blend of flavors and was delicious. Definitely an A.G.R. (Another Great REPEAT). 
I think this would make a great lunch or dinner meal also.

ENJOY! Come again... 
Linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers