Search This Blog

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Cappuccino Muffins: Breakfast Is Served

Cappuccino Muffins : Breakfast Is Served

Hi everybody :) 
"Welcome to another Breakfast Is Served Sunday!" If you're just tuning  in to my post, every Sunday I try to post a Breakfast Is Served. Last week breakfast were Baked Strawberry Donuts. Today's recipe is about the coffee. If you're a coffee-lover, you are in for a treat because I'm making cappuccino muffins with a chocolatey mocha spread.
But before we get to the recipe, I must share a little confession with you all first... I am not a coffee drinker. Shocking, right? I know. I love the smell of coffee. Kahlua, the coffee flavored liqueur is one of my favorite things. Sometimes while shopping, I would find myself going down the coffee isle just to get a sniff of that amazing aroma. Although I don't drink coffee, I do LOVE baking with coffee, especially if chocolate is involved. So the answer to "how I like my coffee?", if asked, is: in cakes, cookies, pies, brownies, muffins, etc... :)
  
This recipe was designed to make regular-sized muffins, but I like my muffins BIG : )  So I adjusted it for baking in a jumbo muffin pan. I also added Kahlua, espresso powder and toffee bits to make it even more 'Mocha-licious'. Here's what I did...

Chocolate Mocha Spread:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened

2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules or espresso powder
1 teaspoon Kahlua
1/2 teaspoon vanilla 
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

2 tablespoons Toffee bits

Jumbo Muffins: 

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup milk
1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1/2 tablespoon espresso powder
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons toffee bits

For the spread:
In a small bowl combine the all the ingredients  mix until well blended; cover and refrigerate until serving 

For the Muffins:
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. 
In another bowl, combine milk  coffee granules and powder until coffee is dissolved. 
Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips and bits
Fill greased or paper-lined jumbo muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degree for 10 minutes, reduced oven temperature to 350 and baked 15 - 18 more minutes.
Source: The Taste of Home Baking Book or here
What I Think:
The muffins were definitely 'Mocha-liciously GOOD'. I love the flavors. The spread was amazing. It's an A.G.R. ladies (Another Great REPEAT).
 ENJOY! Come again...
Linked to: 
Sweet 2 Eat Baking: Sugar & Slice Sunday
Mop Up Mondays - I Should be Mopping the Floor 
BYOB @ Roxana's Home Baking : Baking Your Own Bread  
Everyday Moms Meals 
Watch Out Martha  
Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks 
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop
Recipe Sharing Monday @ Jam Hands
Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms   
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday!  
  

3 comments:

  1. Yum! All I need is a cup of coffee! Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those look great......Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com



    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish the photos weren't blurry. I love all things cappunchino. I am one of those weirdos who actually enjoys the flavor of coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Followers