Search This Blog

Friday, January 4, 2013

Mushroom & Onion Yellow Rice

Mushroom & Onion Yellow Rice



Hi everybody :) 

Today recipe is very similar to the Veggie Rice recipe I posted back in October. I used the same rice combination because I love the favor of the two. Sauteed onions and mushroom are added to the rice instead of the veggie mixture. It's great served along-sided beef, chicken, or pork dishes.  Here's what I did...

Mushroom & Onion Yellow Rice
Ingredients:
1 medium onion; sliced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cup long-grain white rice (I used Uncle Ben)
1  1/2 cup Par Excellence Yellow Rice
2 cup chicken stock; reduced sodium, homemade or store-brought
4 cup water
Salt & Pepper to taste 
Addition butter, if desired

In a very large frying pan over medium high heat, saute the onions and mushrooms with 2 tablespoons butter until tender, about 2-3 minutes.  

Add the rice mixture, stock, water, and salt & pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. 
Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed, rice should be tender. Fluff with additional butter, if desired and served.
 ENJOY! Come again...

 Linked to:
Blissful and Domestic Friday Link Party    
Miss Information: I Freakin' Did It Friday
Simply Link Party: Simply Designing 
  @ 21st Century Housewife 
Home Maid Simple: Foodie Friday  
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff
Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms  
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday!  
Katherine Martinelli: Rice Blog Hop  

5 comments:

  1. I love this for bringing to a function. Great side dish. thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    http://www.flourmewithlove.com/2013/01/mix-it-up-monday.html#more

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rice sounds delicious. I would enjoy this with so many main dishes. Thank you for sharing this recipe with The Gallery of Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am such a rice fan. This sounds really tasty and like it will make a perfect side dish. Thanks for linking up at OneCreativeMommy.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family loves yellow rice. Your version looks quite tasty - I love the addition of onions. I have pinned this to try.

    ReplyDelete

Followers