Search This Blog

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Whiskey Chicken Drummers

Whiskey Chicken Drummers


Hi everybody :)

One day while watching Rachael Ray Show, this recipe caught my attention. Since it has my favorite part of the chicken, the drumsticks or drummers as she calls them, I wanted to give it a try.  Let's get it started.
Whiskey Chicken Drummers adapted Rachael Ray Show

Ingredients

For the marinade:


         2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (I used Worcestershire Pepper Blend)
         2 tablespoons whiskey or bourbon
         2 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Frank's® Red Hot®)
         2 tablespoons cider vinegar
        12 chicken leg drummers
        Salt and pepper ( I use Rosemary, Basil and Citrus Salt)

For the sauce:

          3  tablespoons butter
          2 large cloves garlic, minced
          2 shots whiskey
          1/3 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce (such as Frank's® Red Hot®)
          1 teaspoon coarse black pepper

Chopped or sliced scallions
Carrot and celery sticks (celery not shown)

Mix marinade ingredients in a large baggie. Season drummers with salt and pepper, and add them to the marinade. Refrigerate 3 hours then bring up to room temp.
Preheat oven to 300ºF. Arrange a wire rack over a baking sheet. Arrange drummers on the rack and slow cook 1 hour and 15-30 minutes.

For the sauce, melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic, swirl 2 minutes, 
then add whiskey, hot sauce and pepper. Drop heat to low, let simmer for 5 minutes.
Toss drummers with sauce and top with scallions. Serve with carrot and celery sticks alongside.
What I Did and/or Think:
I followed the recipe exactly but only did half of the whiskey because I only used 5 drumsticks. I also let my drumsticks or drummers marinaded overnight. 


The Taste: These drummers were very tasty. A little too spicy for me, but my son and his friend LOVE them. I used the full amount of the hot sauce in the recipe, next time I'll do half. So this will be REPEATED!  













ENJOY! Come again... 

Linked to:
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff
Show and Tell Saturday: Be Different...Act Normal 

Sweet Saturday Link Party: The Gingerbread Blog
Sunday Funday Blog Hop # 6: WTFab 
Something Swanky: Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff Saturday 
One She Two She: 'Your Great Idea' Link Party 

3 comments:

  1. These sound amazing!! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so delicious. Perfect fall recipe! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party on ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love whiskey in most any savoury sauce so this really appeals to me. I'm with you on the less heat thing though. Rachel often makes recipes that are too fire-y for me.

    ReplyDelete

Followers