Search This Blog

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Green Bean Casserole: My Way, Cheesy Green Bean Casserole

Green Bean Casserole, My Way

  Cheesy Green Bean Casserole

Hi everybody,

Everybody has a special way of preparing this classic dish to make it their very own, today I like to share my way. I like mines extra cheesy with bits of bacon throughout.  Here's how I do it...

Cheesy Green Bean Casserole
1 large onion, sliced
1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 Large can Green Beans, drained
2 cans (10.3/4 0z.) cream of chicken soup
1 package (2.8 oz.) Oscar Mayer Real Bacon Recipe Pieces
1 package Southern Mills Cheddar Cheese Sauce Mix + 1 cup water  or  1 cup prepared cheese sauce  
1 (6oz.) canister Cheddar French Fried Onions, divided
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire Ground Pepper Blend
1/2 teaspoon Rosemary, Basil and Citrus Salt or Lawry's Seasoned Salt 
3 tablespoon butter, melted
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (I like mild)

Saute onions and mushrooms until tender. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl mix green beans, onions/mushroom mixture and bacon bits. 
Add soups, cheese sauce, and 1/2 of French Fried Onions mix well. Add seasonings and butter, pour into a greased 13 by 9" baking dish. 
Cook at 350 for 25 minutes. Top with cheese and remaining French Fried Onions and cook 5 more minutes.
Green Bean Casserole has always been one of my favorites for family-get-togethers. I love this cheesy version of the classic casserole. 

BTW, Breakfast Is Served Sunday will not be posted tomorrow, it will resume next month. 

ENJOY! Come again...


12/10/2021 Update: Cindy's daughter, Trina, here. I made my own version of this recipe using 2 bags of frozen green beans. Our oven isn't working, so I cooked the casserole in our Cuisinart 1800W 4lb Air Fryer Toaster Oven. I'm new at blogging, but I plan on experimenting often in the kitchen, especially with the Cuisinart. Also, to the people still reading and enjoying my mom's blog throughout years of inactivity, thank you all so much.

4 comments:

  1. WoW! That's one cheesy green bean casserole. I still haven't completely decided what I'm cooking for Christmas dinner so I may have to give this a try. My daughter loves green bean casserole. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindy, I'm your newest GFC follower. You have a lovely blog and I'm looking forward to reading your recipes. You can visit my blog at http://cake-cookie-pie.blogspot.com/

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your casserole looks delicious! You had me at bacon(bits)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Cheesy Green Bean Casserole looks and sounds scrumptious! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Gallery of Favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Followers