Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Biscoff Sock-It-To-Me Pound Cake: Biscoff with a Southern Flair

Biscoff Sock-It-To-Me Pound Cake:  Biscoff with a Southern Flair

Biscoff Sock-It-To-Me Pound Cake

Hi everybody :)

It's a new year with new outlooks and new beginnings. I hope everyone had a safe and joyous holiday. Kicking the year off to a sweet start, have I got a recipe for you...

Have you heard of biscoff yet? Do worry, you're not alone, I just found out about it about a year ago. I won a jar from  The Spiffy Cookie , another great blog. IT. IS. AWESOME! The caramel cinnamon taste had me, craving for more. I became a desperate woman, because at first, biscoff was NOT sold where I lived! : (  If you can't find it in your area it sold here and here.) I found I better way of getting it, my daughter. When she's away at college I get her to sent it to me, or bring it whenever she comes home. : ) I STACK UP!!
   
I wanted to make a pound cake that SSCREAMMMM southern, and nothing more southern than a Sock-It-To-Cake. This cinnamon-bundt-cake-creation is usually made using a cake mix. But I wanted a made from-scratch cake, that's when a stumble across this one. It has the basic ingredients of a sour cream pound cake with a Biscoff flair. So I wanted to expand on the cinnamony taste by adding the filling of the Sock-It-To-Cake. Genius, right? Yeah, I know :) Well here's what I did...
Biscoff Pound Cake with Glaze  adapted from Ryan Bakes

Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 3/4 cups sugar
3 cups cake flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
6 eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup + 2 Tbs. Biscoff spread
2 tsp. vanilla

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Grease and flour a large 12 cup bundt pan. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in the bowl of a stand mixer.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
In a separate large bowl, sift cake flour, baking soda, and salt.  Add a third of the flour mixture to the batter, alternating with the sour cream and the biscoff and ending with the flour mixture.  Blend ingredients until combined but do not over mix.  Add vanilla extract. 
Pour half batter into prepared bundt pan and distribute evenly. Spread filling all over the batter in the bundt cake pan . Pour the rest of the batter on top of that and swirl with a spatula, if desired.  
Bake at 325 until cake leaves the sides of the pan, about 1 hour and 10 minutes.  Test the cake to see if it's done by inserting a knife or toothpick into the middle to see if it comes out clean. Let set in pan for 10 minutes, flip out. Cool completely before glazing.
Biscoff Glaze:
Ingredients:
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 cup Biscoff spread
7 Tbs. milk (or more if needed to thin icing)(I used about 1/3 cup cream)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

Combine powdered sugar, Biscoff, and vanilla extract in the bowl of an electric mixer.  One tablespoon at a time, slowly add the milk until the icing is still think but is able to be drizzled on the cake.  Be careful not to make the icing too thin, use just enough to give it the right consistency of the pooling effect .

Cinnamon Filling :
1/2 tablespoon (1 1/2teaspoons) cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar together

BTW,  for those of you who don't know what Biscoff spread is;  go here for detail information.




What I Think:
I think all the Biscoff & Sock-It-To-Me fans will love this cake! The cinnamon taste is not overpowering, just right. The cake has a creamy moist tender texture of a sour cream pound cake. I LOVE IT! DEFINITELY A REPEAT!

Thank you Ryan, for sharing this delicious recipe, it will be a new go-to for family get-together.

I might try this later with the Nutty Biscoff and 1/4 cup chopped pecans in the Sock-It-To-Me Filling for a Nutty option. :)

*** UPDATE: BISCOFF IS NOW BEING SOLD AT WINN DIXIE!! 















ENJOY! Come again....
I  Was Featured On Sweet For Saturday!












Linked to
Zentmrs: Tuesdays Table 
Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at ODH
Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday!
Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms     
Wednesdays Adorned From Above 
Bizzy Bake Recipe Box
What's Cooking Wednesday @ Confessions of an Overworked Mom
Cupcakes Garden: Just Desserts Thursday  
Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum 
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
Sweets for Saturday @ Sweet As Sugar Cookies
Mop Up Mondays - I Should be Mopping the Floor  
Sweet 2 Eat Baking: Sugar & Slice Sunday 

4 comments:

  1. This looks divine! I just recently discovered Biscoff too, lol. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I love Biscoff and I love pound cake. This is the perfect marriage of yuminess! Can't wait to make it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! This looks amazing! Such a beautiful pound cake, and I love the cinnamon swirls-- such a great idea to combine sock-it-to-me with Biscoff!!. I'm so sorry it's taken me forever to come over and comment. I've been behind in all things blogging this January! I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are so many comments here that are really interesting and conducive to me thanks. for sharing a link especially for sharing this blog.
    Corporate events

    ReplyDelete

Followers