Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Rosemary, Basil and Citrus Salt

Rosemary, Basil and Citrus Salt


Hi everybody :)

I seen many herbal mixes on Pinterest that sound really interested, so I was inspired to give it a try. I went out to my little herb garden and picked basil and rosemary. I used 1 tablespoon of the lemon zest I talked about here.  I wanted to do a seasoning that would go well with chicken. Here is what I came up with...

Rosemary, Basil and Citrus Salt inspired by  this, this ,and  this






















Ingredients
1/2 box sea salt 
1 cup rosemary
1 cup basil
1 tablespoon

I divided the sea salt evenly among the remaining ingredients.

For the Rosemary
Rub your hand down the stem of the rosemary to remove the leaves. 
In a saucepan over medium high heat the rosemary and salt stir occasionally for 10 minutes
Remove from heat and allow to cool. Sift rosemary to remove as much of the leave as possible. Pulse in a mini food processor for a few seconds. Set aside.
Rosemary and Salt Cooking



















Rosemary and Salt after Cooking



















For the Basil:
Wash and dry basil, (make sure it's dry). Add the salt to the basil and pulse in mini food processor for a few seconds. Remove and spread out on parchment paper. (I didn't, it stuck to the foil, I had to wrack it a little to get it unstuck) Place basil mixture in oven at 275 for 30 minutes.  Cool and pulse in mini food processor for a few seconds. Set aside.
Pulsing Basil Salt























Basil Salt after Pulsing in Processor




For the Citrus:
Mix lemon and salt together. Place mixture in a 225 degrees oven for 70 minutes. Remove, cool, and pulse the mixture in mini food processor for a few seconds.

Lemon Salt and Basil Salt


















For the Rosemary, Basil, and Citrus Salt:
 Combine all 3 mixtures pour into a container along with fresh rosemary. Use mixture to season chicken.

ENJOY! Come again.....

UPDATE Picture!!!  9/8   My son cooked some wings using the salt mixture and they were DELICIOUS!!!!
































Linked to
Someday Crafts: Whatever Goes Wednesday # 133
Sugar and Dots: What I Whipped Up Wednesday
Lady Behind the Curtain: Cast Party Wednesday Link Party # 57  
Made By Me Wednesdays @ JAQS Studio
Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice @Seven Thirty Three 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers