Search This Blog

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Caramel Pudding

Caramel Pudding

  
Hi everybody :)

While browsing the web I came across this recipe. "I love caramel; caramel cookies, candy, and cake", I thought, "so why not caramel pudding?" I decided to give it a try, here we go... 

















Caramel Pudding adapted My Recipes
Ingredients
 

2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 large egg
2/3 cup sugar 
2 teaspoons vanilla

Preparation
   

In a bowl, whisk 1/2 cup milk, cornstarch, and egg until well blended.
In a 2- to 3-quart pan over medium-high heat, tilt and swirl sugar until melted and deep  amber, about 4 minutes. (This may take a little longer, but be very careful not to let it burn
    Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups milk; mixture will bubble and sugar will harden. 
 Stir until sugar melts again, about 2 minutes.
  
Whisk about 1/2 cup of the caramelized sugar mixture into cornstarch mixture, then return all to pan.
Stir over medium-high heat until pudding thickens and begins to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. 
Pour into bowls and serve warm. Or let cool, chill airtight up to 2 days, and serve cold.
Yield: Makes 2 cups; 4 servings

What I Did and/or Think:

I followed the recipe, the browning of the sugar did took longer then stated. You have to be very careful doing this step or your sugar will burn and your pudding can not be fix. I think next time I make this I will try it with dark brown sugar or brown sugar or half and half to speed up the process.

The Taste: The pudding when first taste didn't have that much of a caramel taste to it, I think if you let it sit in the refrigerator longer or overnight the better it will taste. I didn't do that but it still tasted okay. I will be repeating this with a brown sugar as I said earlier.
 
ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:
 
Sweets for Saturday @ Sweet As Sugar Cookies
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff
Show and Tell Saturday: Be Different...Act Normal 

Sweet Saturday Link Party: The Gingerbread Blog
Something Swanky: Sweet Treats Swanky Stuff Saturday 
Crazy Sweet Tuesday Crazy for Crust

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers