Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Tuna Melt Sandwiches with Tomato Onion & Herb Rolls

Tuna Melt Sandwiches with Tomato Onion & Herb  Rolls


Hi everybody :)

I couldn't wait to make sandwiches with the Tomato, Onion & Herb Rolls. I know they would have been great for roasted chicken or turkey breast sandwiches but,  I had all the ingredients for a tuna melt. Which I think would be great too, so tuna melts it is. Here's what I did...



















Tuna Melt Sandwiches with Tomatoes Rolls



















3-4 Tomato, Onion & Herb Rolls or whatever bread your like, but these are delicious
2 cans (5 oz.) water-packed chunk light tuna, well drained
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Onion & Herb Seasonings, optional
1 tomatoes,  sliced thin
Cheese Slices (I used Grilled Cheese Melts)

Slice the rolls in half, horizontal, place on bottom halves in an 9 x 9 inch pan. 

Combine the tuna with mayonnaise and seasoning, if using, in a small bowl. 

Spread tuna mixture on top of each bottom halves.
  
Place 2 slices of tomatoes on top of tuna mixture overlapping each other.
 
Top each with a slice of cheese.

Place in the oven under the boiler until cheese melts about 15 seconds. Remove, and top with the top halves of the rolls. Heat 15 seconds more, if desired.

What I Think:

They were as delicious as I thought they would be, maybe even better. I didn't use much seasoning in the tuna mixture because the rolls were very flavorful. I'm going to, no, I have to try this with some type of pizza dish next :)  So I'll be making some more dough soon.



















ENJOY! Come again... 

Linked to:

Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum
I'm Lovin' It Fridays @ Tidy Mom

Simply Link Party: Simply Designing
Friday Flair Party: Whipper Berry
Foodie Friends Friday @ Foodie Friends Friday 

Feature Friday Link Party: Blissful and Domestic
It's a Hodgepodge Friday
Shaken Together Life: {what's shakin' link party} 
Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest: Fresh Eggs Daily 

The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
French Cuisine Friday: Katie's Language Cafe
Miss Information: I Freakin' Did It Friday 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! My kind of sandwich! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us at Foodie Friends Friday. Dawn host and fellow blogger.
    http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your homemade rolls look so pretty! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday. Please come back to VOTE on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM! I'm not wild about tuna, but these make me want to bite into the computer screen and enjoy them. YUUUMMM! Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck!

    ReplyDelete

Followers