Search This Blog

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cinnamon Bread Pudding & a Bonus: Breakfast Is Served

Cinnamon Bread Pudding & a Bonus: Breakfast Is Served


Hi everybody :)

It's that time again, "Welcome to another Breakfast Is Served Sunday", if you're just tuning in to my blog every Sunday I post a Breakfast Is Served. Last week Breakfast Is Served Sunday's post was a Pink Ribbon Recipe found here. 

While browsing through my cookbooks collection I found a  bread pudding breakfast recipe. 
I know bread pudding is usually associated with dessert, but the ingredients in this pudding might be a sweet way to start your day :) 

Today, I'm making use of homemade bread that I had in the freezer. So if you love baking  homemade breads, this recipe may be a great way to use some of it :)  Let's get it started...



Cinnamon Bread Pudding adapted The King Arthur Flour 200th Anniversary Cookbook

















3 tablespoons butter 
2 cups Cinnamon Raisin Bread, cubed ( I used Multigrain Cinnamon Swirled Raisin Bread )
2 cups milk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt

Butter the slices of bread and then cut into cubes. Place in a buttered baking dish.

In a mixing bowl, beat the rest of the Ingredients together Four this mixture over the bread cubes.
Let it soak for 15 to 20 minutes while you preheat your oven to 350°F. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes (depending on the shape of your baking dish).

AND a Bonus Recipe YEAH!!!!   Morning Orange Drink


Morning Orange Drink adapted



















1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate
1 cup cold water
1 cup milk
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
10 ice cubes
 

Combine the first five ingredients in a blender; process at high speed. Add ice cubes, a few at a time, blending until smooth. Serve immediately. Yield: 4-6 servings.





















What I Did and/or Think:
For the pudding; I baked the pudding in individual dishes, at 350 F for about 25 minutes. I drizzled extra maple syrup over top to serve.

For the drinks, I mix them up individually in a mini blender. The taste remind me of orange cream ice cream pop.  

Making bread pudding is another first, for me. I love trying new things, at times :) I think the pudding came out great. I also made a orange drink to serve with it, which I like also.
These were surprisingly really good REPEATS!

Now that I tried this recipe I would love to experiment with other bread puddings recipes. "Go forth and conquer" is my new slogan, one recipe at a time :)



















ENJOY! Come again...

Linked To:
 
Scrumptious Sunday Recipe Link Party # 36 @ Addicted Recipes
Blissful And Domestic Sunday Blog Hop  

Nifty Thrifty Sunday  # 82
Everyday Moms Meals  #63

Think Pink Sunday #85 @ Flamingo Toes Get Your Party On
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop
Farm Girl Friday Blog Fest: Fresh Eggs Daily 
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop 

3 comments:

  1. Both of these look fantastic. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week & come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing. I would love for you to come share at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/11/farm-girl-blog-fest-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. MY DH loves bread pudding, I'm looking forward to trying your recipe! Thank you for linking up with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers