Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pumpkin Nut Belgian Waffles: Breakfast Is Served

Pumpkin Nut Belgian Waffles: Breakfast Is Served


Hi everybody :)

It's that time again...Welcome to another Breakfast Is Served Sunday. If you just tuning in to my blog every Sunday I post a Breakfast Is Served, last week post is found here.

Today you're are in for a treat...I'm making waffles! I first had waffles while attending a family reunion in Florida. The hotel we were staying had a very elaborated breakfast food bar.  One of the features was a waffle area, where you make your own waffle to go. Those deep pockets of goodness, piping hot, soft on the inside and crisp on the outside smelled so delicious I had to give it a try.  It was love at first bite...I was hooked, as soon as I arrived back home, I rush out to buy a waffle maker. For days on ends, I was in waffle heaven... I'm talking pure ECSTASY until, one day, my dear sweet waffle maker broke :(  I was crushed...heartbroken, scattered... I had to have another one.

While walking down the isle in Sam's Club... something got my attention...
Could it be???
Yes!
Double-Side Waffle Maker! A waffler maker with TWO sides, for double your waffles fun!


















I couldn't wait to test this baby out!

Pumpkin Nut Belgian Waffle adapted Waring Pro
Makes 6 waffles

 Ingredients













1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ounce finely chopped walnuts or pecans (best if toasted first) (about 1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (I used allspice)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
3/4 cup pumpkin puree (canned solid pack pumpkin)
2 large eggs, separated
1 cup whole milk
1/4 cup real maple syrup (do not use pancake syrup)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, molted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large egg whites

Directions 

In a large bowl, combine the flour, chopped nuts, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Stir to blend and reserve.
















In a second bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, egg yolks, milk, maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla extract; stir until smooth.

















 Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to blend until smooth, using a whisk.

















In a clean, dry bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the batter.

















Preheat your Waring Pro Professional Double Belgian Waffle Maker on setting #4 or preferred setting* (blue indicator light will be illuminated when preheated). TIP: Add 2 tablespoon vegetable oil to batter to prevent sticking.


















What I Did and/or Thinks:
The only change I did was used 1/4 teaspoon allspice for the ginger. I did had to add 2 tablespoon oil to prevent sticking because my first two waffles stuck to the grids, the rest came out perfectly. These smelled amazing while cooking, I couldn't wait to taste one.  Keeping in with the maple and pecan taste, I made a Maple Cream Cheese Syrup to serve with the waffles; recipe below.

The taste: I love the taste of these waffles.  This is actually my first time eating pumpkin! I don't know why I never try it before now, but it won't  be my last! These are definitely going on my REPEAT list.

Maple Cream Cheese Syrup:
2 tablespoon butter
1/4 cup pecans
2 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup pure maple syrup

Heat butter and pecans in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter melted.


















Add cream cream and syrup stir until  bubbly about 2 minutes.















Remove from heat and served.

















 ENJOY! Come again...

BTW. Like I mention earlier I got my waffle maker from Sam's, the price was $69.99 + tax. The link I left to it is from Amazon and their price is $99.00.

Linked to: 

Mix it Up Monday @FlourMeWithLove
 Marvelous Mess Monday @ Marvelously Messy
 This Week's Cravings # 101 @ Mom's Crazy Cooking
Melt In Your Mouth Monday #85 @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
 Recipe Sharing Monday @ Jam Hands
Sundae Scoop link party
nifty thrifty sunday # 77
Scrumptious Sunday #31

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers