Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

Golden Baked Chicken: Skin On or Off

Golden Baked Chicken


Hi everybody :)

How do you like your chicken, skin on or off? I'm normally a skin on kind of person but I sometimes find myself pulling the skin off of fried chicken after it been fried or baked chicken after it been baked. I know it kind of weird, but that's how I am.  But, I love skinless boneless chicken breast.

I came across this recipe from Taste of Home Potluck for skinless chicken and decide to give it a try.

Golden Baked Chicken 

Ingredients
















2 cups mashed potato flakes
3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 tablespoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt (I used Ms Dash Onion and Herb Seasoning & Rosemary Basil and Citrus Salt )
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2  teaspoon pepper
1  cup butter, melted
3 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up and skin removed

Directions

In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes, cheese, parsley, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder and pepper
Potato Flakes Mixture






















In another shallow bowl, add butter. Dip chicken into butter, then into potato flake mixture.
Chicken in Potato Flakes Mixture





















Place on two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. 

Chicken Coated with Potato Flakes Mixture




















Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear, yield: 12 servings.

















What I Did and/or Think:
First I adjusted the recipe to do a serving of six. I did all drumsticks because they are my favorite part of the chicken. The original recipe is above, the changes I made are in Italic.

As you can see from the photos I followed as stated in the recipe to remove the skin from the chicken. The chicken was still good, but I have to admit I miss the skin. The skin holds in the juices and makes the outside more crunchy while keeping the inside moist. So the next time I make this I'm keeping the skin on.

















ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to 
Foodtastic Fridays
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers