Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Me & My George Foreman Grilled Lemon-Orange Glazed Chicken

Grilled Lemon-Orange Glazed Chicken

 
Grilled Lemon-Orange Glazed Chicken

Hi everyone! 

I know everyone has heard of Pinterest by now. I pinned so many grilled chicken recipes that I was inspired come up with my own. I wanted something fast and easy to cook to avoid the heatwave we're having in Georgia, so I came up with this:

For the Chicken:
1 tsp. lemon pepper
1 tsp.rosemary garlic seasoning
1/2 - 1/4 tsp. sea salt
4 boneless skinless chicken breast

Mix seasonings together, rub on chicken breast. Place in zip lock freeze bag and let marinade for at least 2 hours. (This would be great if you did it at night before going to bed, so it would be ready the next day.)  Grilled according to instructions, about 5 minutes set aside.

For the Lemon-Orange Glaze:
1/2 cup Orange Marmalade
1/2 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 tsp. lemon juice
about 1/4 - 1/3 cup simple syrup (2 parts water and 1 part water or equal parts of both, heated to dissolve sugar, and cooled to room  temperature; can be made in advance and refrigerated)
1 tsp. cornstarch

Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until well mix and marmalade melts. Combine the simply syrup and cornstarch add to marmalade mixture, heat until thicken about 1 minute. Pour over warm chicken.
 
Grilled Lemon-Orange Glazed Chicken
I love how this turned out. Lemony sweet and tangy orange. I think I'll try this glaze on my favorite fish, salmon, next.  I served it with streamed broccoli and rice along the side.

Do you love Pinterest? What recipes inspired you?
Grilled Chicken, Rice & Broccoli

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers