Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

My First Post, Red Velvet Cake!

Red Velvet Cake: My First Post!!!!

Red Velvet Cake

Hi everyone :)

First, I like to thanks for being patient with me. I still trying to get the hang of how to blog....

For my first post, I would like to share my husband's favorite cake, Red Velvet.  I made it on our anniversary (also his birthday), April 11th.  I think he arranged it like that so he won't forget. Ha ha.  ;)

The cake layers come from Better Homes and Gardens. I wanted to make a bigger and taller cake, so  I doubled the cake layers and baked it in 4 round 10" cake pans for about 30 minutes. I used this cream cheese frosting recipe from Allrecipes.com. I prepared the layers about 2 weeks ahead and froze them.

I was very please with the result; so was hubby. He's still waiting on a repeat performance.  :)  I love nuts on red velvet cake, but left them off because he doesn't. Do any of you all love nuts on your cakes, or what is your favorite cake? I would love to hear from you. I'm a Carrot Cake nut!
Red Velvet Cake

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Cindy, Happy Birthday to your husband. I wish you good luck with your blog, the cake looks amazing :). I liked your facebook page because I really like the idea of your blog. If you like my blog too, I'd very much appreciate if you clicked the like button https://www.facebook.com/UnikornaBlog.
    Kisses and I'm looking forward for new recipes :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...can't go wrong with red velvet cake! Looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers