Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A little southern hospitality, Brown Sugar Pound Cake

Brown Sugar Pound Cake, A little Southern Hospitality


 
Hi everybody  :)

As a down-home-southern girl, I felt it was my duty to have pound cake recipes on my blog. Every southern girl gotta have at least one bundt pan in her kitchen.

If you have noticed, my Pinterest board has over 600 pound cake recipes. So here's one of many I tried.

The recipe I used is Brown Sugar Pound Cake from Southern Living. I love the caramel sweetness of this cake. No icing was needed. The only change I did was add the nuts to the bottom of the bundt pan before pouring in the batter, so when I flip it, the nuts will be on top.

Every time I have a slice of pound cake, it brings back sweet memories of my mom. (She passed away 8 yrs ago due to breast cancer.) She never failed to always have a pound cake under her glass cake dome. Whenever company stopped by, they always left with several slices "for the road" they would say.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers