Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Oatmeal Scotchies

Oatmeal Scotchies


Hi everybody :)
I been kind of on a mini blog vacation because of all this HOT weather we been having here...
I have a surprise for you; my daughter is guest posting today!
Her name is Patrina, and she recently started her own blog. 
So without further ado, Patrina.

Hi, Patrina speaking.  I'm using a different font (and purple because purple is awesome).  I guess my mom's recipe blog inspired me to create a blog of  my own.  Since I couldn't decide on a niche, I created a blog of random things (random thoughts, ways I've tried to make money online, giveaways I've entered, deals I've found online, etc.). 

The other day, I was craving something (anything!) sweet.  My mom keeps a lot of different baking chips (chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, etc.) in the freezer or pantry.  I found an interesting recipe on the butterscotch chip bag and decided to try it.

Oatmeal Scotchies
Makes about 4 dozens cookies or 4 dozens bars
1 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cups (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups rolled oats or quick oats
1 2/3 cups (11 oz.pkg.)Nestle Toll House Butterscotch Flavored Morsels

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Combine first set of dry ingredients in a large bowl with a wire whisk.

In a mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, blend well.

Stir in flour/oat mixture with morsels until combined.

Drop rounded tablespoon of dough on ungreased cookie sheets.

Bake for 7- 8 minutes for chewy cookies; 9 - 10 minutes for crisp cookies.

Remove and allow to cool on cookie sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire rack and cool completely before storing them in a cookie jar with a loose lid.


For Bar Cookies: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread dough into prepared pan. Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. 


What I Did and/or Think:
I mostly followed the original recipe, except I did not measure the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, or vanilla.  I just poured them in until it looked about right.  I also used margarine and did not add the full 2 sticks.

These cookies were amazing!  I loved them, and would definitely make them again.  If anything, they were maybe too sweet; I had a sugar rush from eating too many.

I love both butterscotch (sometimes to the point of secretly eating a couple of chips out of the bag...) and oatmeal, but I've never tried them together.  
ENJOY! Come again....

Linked to:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    My cookie jar is empty and I need to fill it, these look like they would be great in my Cookie Jar. Hope you are having a great weekend and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete