Search This Blog

Monday, June 3, 2013

Chunky Chocolate Cookies

Chunky Chocolate Cookies  

Hi everybody :)
Graduation Day came and went and I'm back HOME! It's great being back. I've been so busy lately organizing after coming back home; trying to jam an apartment into an already packed house is hard work.

My daughter's ankle is still on the mend, but she's walking a little now, so her walking boot is useful after all. :) She will be taking the Bar Exam soon. I'm going to be the proud mother of a lawyer, y'all!! 
 
Enough talk about me and my family; now, on to the recipe, Chunky Chocolate Cookies. These cookies are made with a cake mix, so they are so easy to make for busy moms on the go. The nuts can be omitted and the chips exchanged to suit your taste. Let's get it started...


Chunky Chocolate Cookies
1 pkg. Duncan Hines Classic Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick); melted
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix cake mix, eggs, butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; stirring with a spoon until well blended.

Stir in chips and nuts. Drop by leveled measuring tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. (I used my medium cookie scoop and baked the cookies on parchment paper.)

Bake at 350 for 12 minutes for chewy cookies or 14 minutes for crispy cookies.  (I baked my cookies 8 minutes for chewy and 10 minutes for crispy.)

Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets and move to wire rack to finish cooling. Store in airtight container. 
Source: Duncan Hines 
What I Did and/or Think: 
The changes I made are in Bold, Italic, and Purple.

The Taste: These cookies were GREAT! Love the taste.  Definitely worthy of REPEATING!

ENJOY! Come again...       
Linked to:
Titus 2 Tuesday 
Zentmrs: Tuesday Table 
Wednesdays Adorned From Above 
Show and Share Wednesday Semi-Homemade Mom
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy - none of your pictures are in focus. Why is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrew, I'm really not good at taking pictures my hands are shaking. It's a problem that I have since I was young, but haven't really addressed because medical bills are expensive especially without insurance. So I'm doing my best to take better photos, bear with me.

      Delete

Followers