Search This Blog

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hi everybody :)
My daughter, Patrina, is stepping in once again to for me, since she had so much fun sharing the Oatmeal Scotchies  with you. This time she made these deliciously chewy oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips sprinkled about. The perfect after school snack with a glass of milk on the side. Once again, Patrina...

Hi, everyone.  I found the recipe for these cookies on the back of a bag of flour; the recipe is also available here.  I made the cookie dough one night around midnight and decided to bake the first batch the next morning, because the heat of the kitchen was too much, even at midnight.  I refrigerated the dough until morning.
Oatmeal-Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
2 cups quick-cooking oats

1 1/2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose or unbleached flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (6 oz)
1
cup chopped nuts, if desired

Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir brown sugar and butter until blended. Stir in vanilla and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and salt; stir in chocolate chips and nuts.

Onto ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart. 

Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack

Tip: Cookie dough can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. If it becomes too firm, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
Cookie dough can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 9 months. Thaw just until soft enough to handle.
  
What I Did and/or Think: I didn't add any chopped nuts.  I really wanted to add pecans, but looking through the freezer for them made my hands numb.  

Like before (I know my mom hates this), I did not measure the baking soda, salt, or vanilla.  I was beginning to feel tired at this point, and did not want to bother with the teaspoons.

I used margarine.  I also combined quick-cooking oats with old fashioned (about half quick and half old-fashioned).  Finally, I added extra chocolate chips to the dough, since the bag was nearly empty after I added the cup.
These cookies were very tasty!  I would love to make them again (but with pecans next time).  

ENJOY! Come again... 
Linked to :  
From the Farm Blog Hop
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage 
Show Case Your Talent  @What's Cooking Love 
Food-Tastic Fridays @ Not Your Ordinary Recipes  
Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum  
Foodie Friday @ Simple Living   
The Country Cook:: Weekend Potluck
Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday!
 
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop
Marvelous Mondays #62
Skip To My Lou: Made by you Monday
Tuesday Talent Show #99
Tuesday’s Table
Wake Up Wednesdays

3 comments:

  1. Cookies sound delicious!I like the tip about freezing and refrigerating the dough ,it is helpful...
    visiting from Foodtastic Friday...
    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have had a great weekend and have a fabulous week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Followers