Thursday, September 6, 2012

Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce

Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce

Hi everybody :)

I have a confession to make, I don't use my microwave for cooking. I mostly use it to reheat  food already prepared, to melt something in a hurry, or for popcorn. I know,  it's suppose to make food prep easier, save time, and energy.

Candy recipes are fine for the microwave, but I shy away from any microwave-cooking that deal with meat or fish; especially chicken. I totally avoid that section in my cookbooks.  I just can't get pass the idea of microwaving certain things, maybe one day I will...

Now I would like to share this recipe with you from my collection, this one is just too good to avoid  :)

Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce adapted "Yours, Mine & Ours" Cookbook

1/2 cup sugar 
3 Tablespoons cocoa (I used Hershey's Cocoa Special Dark)
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch ( I used 2 1/2 Tablespoons)
Dash of salt
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in a 2-cup glass dish.
Dry Mixture

Stir in water and cook 1 -2 minutes; stir every 30 seconds, or until thick.
Mixture with Water

 Add butter and cook 30 seconds more. Stir thoroughly and add vanilla. Makes 1 cup. Serve on ice cream.

What I Did and /or Think:
This was GREAT, what could be bad about hot fudge sauce anyway, NOTHING. I did add an extra tablespoon cornstarch for a little thicker sauce, but if you like it a little thin this recipe is perfect.

For a Macho Taste add 1 tablespoon instant coffee along with the dry ingredients or 1 - 2 Tablespoons of Kahlua after adding the vanilla.

This is another great REPEAT!

ENJOY! Come again.....

Linked to:

Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday  , Something Swanky: Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff Link Party , Momnivore's Dilemma: Creative Juice # 88 , A Little Nosh:Tastetastic Thrusday  , The Mandatory Mooch: Tasty Thursday #7 , and Just Wing It:: Show Your Stuff # 40 , Sweets for Saturday @ Sweet As Sugar Cookies, and  Show Off Your Stuff (Separate Craft/Food Parties) @ Fireflies and Jellybeans


  1. Hi Cindy,
    Your Hot Fudge Sauce looks delicious and I can't wait to pour it all over a dish of Blue Bell. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

  2. I am going to have to try this, I am inviting you to come and share this in my Show Your Stuff blog hop:

    1. I did finally made this, it was delicious.

  3. Looks delicious!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch!! I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight.

    Thanks, Nichi

  4. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back: