Search This Blog

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce

Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce


Hi everybody :)

I have a confession to make, I don't use my microwave for cooking. I mostly use it to reheat  food already prepared, to melt something in a hurry, or for popcorn. I know,  it's suppose to make food prep easier, save time, and energy.

Candy recipes are fine for the microwave, but I shy away from any microwave-cooking that deal with meat or fish; especially chicken. I totally avoid that section in my cookbooks.  I just can't get pass the idea of microwaving certain things, maybe one day I will...

Now I would like to share this recipe with you from my collection, this one is just too good to avoid  :)

Microwave Hot Fudge Sauce adapted "Yours, Mine & Ours" Cookbook










1/2 cup sugar 
3 Tablespoons cocoa (I used Hershey's Cocoa Special Dark)
1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch ( I used 2 1/2 Tablespoons)
Dash of salt
1/2 cup water
2 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in a 2-cup glass dish.
Dry Mixture



















Stir in water and cook 1 -2 minutes; stir every 30 seconds, or until thick.
Mixture with Water


















 Add butter and cook 30 seconds more. Stir thoroughly and add vanilla. Makes 1 cup. Serve on ice cream.


















What I Did and /or Think:
This was GREAT, what could be bad about hot fudge sauce anyway, NOTHING. I did add an extra tablespoon cornstarch for a little thicker sauce, but if you like it a little thin this recipe is perfect.

For a Macho Taste add 1 tablespoon instant coffee along with the dry ingredients or 1 - 2 Tablespoons of Kahlua after adding the vanilla.

This is another great REPEAT!

















ENJOY! Come again.....

Linked to:

Miz Helen's Country Cottage: Full Plate Thursday  , Something Swanky: Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff Link Party , Momnivore's Dilemma: Creative Juice # 88 , A Little Nosh:Tastetastic Thrusday  , The Mandatory Mooch: Tasty Thursday #7 , and Just Wing It:: Show Your Stuff # 40 , Sweets for Saturday @ Sweet As Sugar Cookies, and  Show Off Your Stuff (Separate Craft/Food Parties) @ Fireflies and Jellybeans

7 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Your Hot Fudge Sauce looks delicious and I can't wait to pour it all over a dish of Blue Bell. Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try this, I am inviting you to come and share this in my Show Your Stuff blog hop:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/09/show-your-stuff-40-baked-cheesy-potatoes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did finally made this, it was delicious.

      http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/10/home-made-hot-fudge-sauce.html

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious!! Thanks so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch!! I hope you will link up again. The party will be live tonight. http://www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/09/show-your-stuff-41.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers