Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

Chocolate Chips Cookies: Chewy or Crispy

Chocolate Chips Cookies: Chewy or Crispy

Hi everybody :)
I promised a recipe was coming soon so here it is, Chocolate Chip Cookies. I know, I know there are thousand of chocolate chip cookie recipe out there, but this one caught my attention because with few changes; you can make your cookies chewy or crispy. You decide. Anna Olson, Pastry Chef at Canada Food Network, noted for crispy cookies omit the cornstarch and replace the baking soda with baking powder. Now, let's get it started... 
Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks (I used 1 cup milk chocolate chips)

In an electric mixer cream together butter and sugars until smooth and light in color, about 2 minutes with stand mixer

Add egg and vanilla and blend in.
In a bowl; mix together flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Stir in chocolate chunks. 
(Dough can be refrigerated at this point and baked about an hour later, or shaped and frozen following the direction here  for an easy make-ahead recipe. If baking from a frozen dough add about two more minutes to baking time.)
 
Drop by tablespoons onto a greased baking sheet in an oven preheated at 350 degree. (I used parchment paper.) Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edge.
Source: Food Network
 
What I Did and/or Think: 
The changes I made are in Bold, Italic, and Purple.   Brown sugar also helps when making a chewier cookies especially dark brown sugar. Sometime when making cookies that call for brown sugar I like to use 1 part dark brown and 1 part light brown to get the amount of chewiness I love.

The Taste: I love the chewy chocolatey taste of these cookies and so does my daughter. She requested more after class. 

How do you like your chocolate chip cookies? Either way you choose, I think you will find this recipe a winner, so they're definitely worthy of REPEATS.
ENJOY!  Come again... 
Linked to: 
Foodie Friends Friday @Nosh My Way
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck 
The Mandatory Mooch Tasty Thursday
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage 
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff 
Sweet Saturday Link Party: The Gingerbread Blog 
Wednesdays Adorned From Above

Mop Up Mondays - I Should be Mopping the Floor  
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday!
Sweet 2 Eat Baking: Sugar & Slice Sunday Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms 
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop 
Tried and True Recipes Party  
Zentmrs: Tuesday Table
Titus 2 Tuesday 
Tuesday-Talent-Show:  Chef In Training    

4 comments:

  1. I love chocolate chip cookies made at home! Your recipe looks great. thanks for sharing on FFF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy Yummy! Oh how I can't wait until after Vegas when I'm not counting calories and can enjoy delicious cookies like these again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That recipe sounds great.....Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week; I hope you’ll join us again!


    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino

    The Chicken Chick

    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks really good. I love chocolate chip cookies! Thanks for sharing on Tried and True Recipes! http://rediscovermom.blogspot.com/2013/04/tried-and-true-recipes-7.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers