Search This Blog

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easy French Bread Pizza: Pizza in a Hurry

Easy French Bread Pizza: Pizza in a Hurry

Hi everybody :)
I'm still helping my daughter recover after her ankle surgery, so I will make this simple, without many pictures. This is one of the easiest way to have the great taste of homemade pizza without having to make and bake the dough yourself. Using store-bought French loaves can really be a time-saver for pizza in a hurry.   

Easy French Bread Pizza
1 French bread loaf
Olive oil
Garlic powder or Garlic Salt 
1 pound ground Italian sausage, beef, or chicken
1/2 cup pizza sauce
Pepperoni slices  
Diced Ham, if desired
Bell Peppers & Onions, sliced and saute, 
1 to 1 1/2 cups  Shredded Italian Cheese 
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Crumble and cook sausage in medium skillet until brown. Set aside. Slice French bread in half lengthwise, coat each halve with olive oil. Place halves on a baking sheet bake until lightly toasted. Spread each slice evenly with sauce. Top with cheese, sausage, pepperoni, ham, bell peppers & onions, if using . Bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut and served.
What I Think:
This pizza can be made with whatever topping you may like, this is just a base recipe, so have fun and experiment. 

The Taste: Great! My daughter really enjoyed it. I'm sure your family will too :)  
  ENJOY! Come again...
Linked to:
Finding the Pretty Delicious Linky Party 9  
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff
Show and Tell Saturday: Be Different...Act Normal

Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms 
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday! 
Recipe Sharing Monday @ Jam Hands 

Watch Out Martha 

1 comment:

  1. I love this. We've also made french bread pizza and it's a favorite here. I made a loaf of homemade bread that just didn't rise, so I sliced it in thirds longwise and made pizzas from that. It kept me from wasting the hard work of homemade bread and made my family happy eating pizza! Thanks for sharing. (visiting from Clever Chicks Blog Hop)

    ~Taylor-Made Ranch~
    Wolfe City, Texas
    www.taylormaderanch.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Followers