Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Sweet Barbecued Pork: Posting News

Sweet Barbecued Pork: Posting News

Hi everybody :)
Before we get to the recipe, I will not be posting as much for the next few months. My daughter fell and broke her ankle Sunday,  so I'm going to have my hands full helping her recover from surgery while she's finishing college. I will try to post at least once or twice a week, so please bare with me.

Now on  to the recipe...

Looking for a great dish that helps make meal planning easier? I may had the solution for you. Not only is it easy to prepare, it's a great recipe to make-ahead too, because it can be frozen and reheated for later. These pork chops are simmered in a sweet sauce to perfection in minutes.  The sauce is similar to a sweet sauce I make to do oven BBQ chicken, only without the heat. I love the sweet-n-spicy combination. Let's get it started...
Sweet Barbecued Pork
8 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each) (I used 4 {1/2 inch} chops)
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/2 cup each ketchup, barbecue sauce, French salad dressing and honey

In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. 

Return all to the pan. 
Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over chops. 
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. (I simmered my chops for 20 minutes)
 Let stand 5 minutes before serving, or cool before placing in a freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 3 months. 
To use frozen pork chops: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place in a skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Source: Taste of Home 2008 Quick Cooking Annual Recipes or  here.
What I Did and/or Think:
I did cooked my chops longer then the recipe suggested, be sure to check with a meat thermometer. (I got to get one.)
To give this a little heat I used Wish Bone Light Sweet & Spicy French for the salad dressing and Sweet Baby Ray's Sweet n' Spicy BBQ Sauce for the barbecue sauce.  I divided the recipe in half; using 4 pork chops. I also seasoned the chops with pepper and Lawry's perfect Blend SWEET BASIL, CITRUS & GARLIC RUB.

The Taste: I LOVE LOVE LOVE the sauce. The pork chop was nice and tender too. I'm sure this would would work for bone-in pork chops also. The sauce would be great for chicken too :) It's an A.G.R. ladies;  (Another Great REPEAT).
 ENJOY! Come again...
Linked to:
Show Case Your Talent  @What's Cooking Love 
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage  
The Mandatory Mooch Tasty Thursday
Food-Tastic Fridays @ Not Your Ordinary Recipes
The Country Cook:: Weekend Potluck 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Your BBQ Pork looks awesome, I just love that sweet sauce. Have a great St. Patrick's Day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Followers