Search This Blog

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Samoas Chocolate Pudding Trifles

Samoas Chocolate Pudding Trifles

Hi everybody :)

Bring your favorite chocolate dessert to Roxana’s Home Baking #chocolateparty and win amazing prizes from OXO, Calphalon, Keurig, Imperial Sugar, Honey Ridge Farms and Land O’ Lakes® Butter.

I LOVE Girl Scout Cookies, my favorite are the Somoas. Every year I show my love and support by buying as many boxes of Somoas I can :) it's for a good cause after all ;). So whenever February roll around, I stack-up on these goodies.

Alas, February is quickly coming to an end, and soon March will be here, but before I bid it farewell... join me on my last journey for this month to 'Chocolate Land'. This trip is full of promises of the sweetest kind; dark chocolate pudding, bits of grated chocolate and caramel between layers of Somoas cookies topped with a chocolatey cream.   
The Chocolate Pudding
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup baking cocoa (I used 1 part dark & 1 part regular)
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups milk
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract


In a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and salt. 

gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 2 minutes. 
Remove from the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Spoon into individual serving dishes. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings. (I covered with plastic wrap, pressing down to the top of the pudding, removing all air pockets and refrigerate it overnight.)
Pudding Source: Taste of Home

To assemble the Trifles
2 package  Samoas Girl Scout Cookie, broken into large pieces plus 6-8 halves or whole for garnishing
1/4 cup Chocolate Fondue or Chocolate Fudge Frosting
1 (8 oz. container) Cool Whip, thawed or 3/4 cup Whip Cream, whipped
1 tablespoon Chocolate Liqueur, optional
Caramel Ice Cream Topping 
1 Chocolate bar, grated  
6 - 8 Somoas Cookies halves or whole for garnishing

Mix fondue and cool whip until light and fluffy, add liqueur; set aside. 
Place in layer in this order: cookies pieces, pudding, caramel, cool whip mixture, grated chocolate, and pudding. Topping each trifles off with the cool whip mixture, caramel drizzles grated chocolate and cookie halve or a whole cookie.
 
What I Think: 
Any thing that's chocolatey is worthy of REPEATS!
This dessert is definitely one of them.
 
Just because February is ending soon; the chocolate indulgences don't have to stop. If you're just tuning in to my blog, every month I post at least 2 recipes dealing with chocolate, from the creamy white to the deepest dark that promise to fulfill  your chocolate fantasy delight. If you missed a trip, don't worry there still time to play catch-up; just look under the Chocolate Label to reach your chocolate destination. But to ensure you won't have that problem, subscribe now and follow me. I will take you on an trip you won't soon forget :)
ENJOY! Come again.... 
Linked To:
Shaken Together Life: {what's shakin' link party} 
Miss Information: I Freakin' Did It Friday  

Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum 
Foodie Friday @ Simple Living  
I'm Lovin' It Fridays @ Tidy Mom 
Finding the Pretty & Delicious Linky Party #6
Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks 
Sweet 2 Eat Baking: Sugar & Slice Sunday 
 Mop Up Mondays - I Should be Mopping the Floor 
Roxana’s Home Baking #chocolateparty   

 

2 comments:

  1. This looks so creamy and comforting... yummy chocolate. Thanks for sharing it with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Followers