Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

Honey Garlic Drumsticks

Honey Garlic Drumsticks

 Honey Garlic Drumsticks

 Hi everybody :)

I know I'm getting off to a late start on blogging today, but better late than never :) Drumsticks are what's for dinner tonight. Today I took out of the freezer one of my favorite part of the chicken, drumsticks. I spotted the simple and easy recipe from one of Mr.Food ebooks, and had to give it a try. The drumsticks are roasted in a 400 degrees oven for 30 minutes, pasted with a sweet spicy garlic sauce and finish off for about 25 more minutes. Let's get it started...

Honey Garlic Drumsticks
Makes: 24 Drumsticks
Ingredients
24 chicken drumsticks
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped garlic
2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place drumsticks on 2 rimmed baking sheets and season with salt and pepper;

bake 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium microwaveable bowl, combine honey, garlic, 2 tablespoons chili sauce and hot pepper sauce; microwave 30 seconds and mix well. 
Remove drumsticks from oven and carefully brush with sauce (sauce may be hot).
Bake 20 to 25 additional minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear.  NOTE: You may want to make an extra batch of the honey-garlic sauce for dipping.
Source: Mr. Food's Piece-by-Piece: 20 Easy Chicken Recipes for Drumsticks, Thighs & More

What I Did and/or Think:
The only change I made to the recipe is in Bold, Italic, & Purple, and that was to add 2 tablespoons chili sauce.

The Taste: I love the slightly sweet, spicy, garlic taste of the drumsticks. The sauce was very good, I made extra to serve along side. This is definitely a A.G.R. (Another Great REPEAT!)

ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to: 
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff
Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum  
Foodie Friday @ Simple Living  
It's a Hodgepodge Friday  
Miss Information: I Freakin' Did It Friday   

3 comments:

  1. Cindy you could be my hubby's newest best friend cooking like this. *Smile*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmh.... so simple and yet so delicious. Thank you for sharing this recipe with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - this looks fantastic. I love that it uses simple on-hand ingredients too. YUM! Thanks so much for linking up...and linking back...at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete

Followers