Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Biscoff Granola Bars

Biscoff Granola Bars

Hi everybody :)
I'm working on another biscoff recipe! It's a no-bake granola bar recipe that's comes together with easy.  This recipe come from  Connie's blog. I love visiting other bloggers, checking out their recipes and ideas. I just happen to stumble across this one when I was on Pinterest, the greatest invention since Facebook!  
 Biscoff Granola Bars adapted from Measured by the Heart
Ingredients
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup Biscoff spread(I used the crunchy Biscoff spread)
1 cup quick oats
1 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 cup chopped honey roasted peanuts (or chopped pretzels) (I used sliced almonds)
1/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions

Combine butter, sugar, honey, and Biscoff over medium heat, just until everything is dissolved and melted. 
In a large bowl, combine oats, cereal, peanuts, and chips.
Pour Biscoff mixture over oat mixture, and stir to combine. (This will be very stiff, just keep stirring)
Place in a greased quarter sheet pan, or an 8×8 pan lined with parchment or wax paper. (I used aluminum foil.) 
Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes, until firm.
Cut into 18 pieces. Store uneaten bars in the fridge.
What I Did and/or Think:
I wanted thicker bars, so I doubled the recipe and using a 11x7" pan.  I also wanted a  nutty bar, but I didn't have peanuts, so I used almonds and the crunchy Biscoff spread instead.

I think the biscoff mixture was too hot when I added it to the oatmeal mixture, which caused the chocolate chips to melted, so I added more chips. Delicious. These bars are definitely a Delicious REPEAT

Thanks to Connie for sharing this recipe :)
 ENJOY! Come again.... 

Linked to:
Just Something I Whipped Up
Zentmrs: Tuesday Table  
Kathe With an E You're Gonna Love It  
Show Me What Ya Got   
Tuesday-Talent-Show:  Chef In Training
Tasty Tuesday (Food Only) @ Naptime Creation  
The Winthrop Chronicles Link Party 
33 Shades of Green-Tasty Tuesday 
Wednesdays Adorned From Above  
Bizzy Bake Recipe Box  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers