Search This Blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Jammin' Oatmeal: Breakfast Is Served

Jammin' Oatmeal: Breakfast Is Served


Hi everybody :)

Welcome to another Breakfast Is Served. If you're just tuning  in to my post every Sunday I post a Breakfast Is Served. To catch up, last week breakfast was Freezer Buttermilk Biscuits with Honey Cinnamon Butter.

Today breakfast is all about the oatmeal. I love oatmeal and this recipe is one ways I serve it.

Jammin' Oatmeal

1 - 1 1/4 cups Oatmeal
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk (not shown)
Honey to taste
Jam or Preserves, any flavor; to taste (I love the ones with pieces of fruit in it)
2 tablespoons Pecan, Almonds, or Walnuts; toasted with Cinnamon Sugar Butter
Cinnamon Sugar Butter to taste

In a small pan heat water and milk over medium heat add oatmeal and cook as directed on box. Remove from heat.
  Add the honey and butter, swirling to melt. Add the nuts. Serve immediately.
I love the taste of this, it reminds me of eating a crisp or pie. My favorite preserve to use with it is cherry, but I run out of it :(. It's more delicious I think when using a jam or preserve with pieces of fruit in it.


















ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:

Nifty Thrifty Sunday
Everyday Moms Meals  

Think Pink Sunday @ Flamingo Toes Get Your Party On
WTFab: Sunday Funday Blog Hop
Scrumptious Sunday Recipe Link Party @ Addicted Recipes
Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms 
Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen
The Bulletin Board @ Mrs Happy Homemaker
Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks 
My Meatless Monday: My Sweet and Savory  
An original Belle: Make It Yourself Monday
Sew Can Do - Craftastic Monday Link Up Party
Sumo's Sweet Stuff - Market Yourself Mondays
 Keeping It Simple - Motivate Me Monday Link Party 
The Girl Creative: Just Something I Whipped Up  

1 comment:

  1. So warm, comforting and yummy on a cold winter's morning. Thanks for sharing at Church Supper. Have a blessed week, Happy Thanksgiving and come back soon ~EMM

    ReplyDelete

Followers