Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Saucy Chicken

Saucy Chicken


Hi everybody :)

I'm still looking out for more quick-cooking recipes. Although this recipe is made for the slow-cooker, it still comes together in a snap. I listed the direction for the slow-cooker below but I cooked mine in the Super Pot. Let's get it started...

Saucy Chicken  adapted Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook (2010)
Prep: 15 min. Cook: 4-1/2 hours
6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each) (I used chicken tenderloins)
1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon (I used poultry seasoning)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth


Place chicken in a 5-qt. slow cooker. 

In a small bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix, thyme, pepper and tarragon; pour over chicken.  (I added about 1/2 cup chicken stock to  the cream mixture.)
Cover and Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 170°. (I cooked it until the liquid reduced down to a thick sauce and meat was tender, about 1 1/2 hours, skipping the next step)

Mix cornstarch and wine until smooth; stir into slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until gravy is thickened.

What I Did and/or Think:
  
The changes I made are in Italic and Purple

The Taste: I LOVE the taste. The chicken was so tender in the creamy delicious sauce; definitely another GREAT REPEAT!

For Saucy Chicken with Vegetables:  The "Trio" carrots, onions, and celery can be added to this recipe also, just place in pot before adding the chicken.
3 cups sliced celery
3 cups sliced fresh carrots
2 cups sliced onion


I like to add my vegetables about 15-20 minutes before it ready, like I did here, because they seems overcook to me, especially with the Super Pot.

ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to: 

Wednesdays Adorned From Above
Sew Much Ado - We Did It Wednesday
Rae Gun Ramblings - What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party
Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays
What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots  

Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice @Seven Thirty Three
Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts  
{Wow Me Wednesday} @Ginger Snap Crafts
Bizzy Bake Recipe Box 
Made By Me Wednesdays @ JAQS Studio 
Cast Party Wednesday-Lady Behind the Curtain 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers