Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Angel Hair Pasta with Avocado and Tomatoes: Pink Ribbon Recipe

Angel Hair Pasta with Avocado and Tomatoes: Pink Ribbon Recipe


















Hi everybody :)

My LOVE for avocados and tomatoes  led me to this recipe. This is another great dish that just take minutes to make.  
 
This recipe may be a good choice for cancer patients because it
is great for 
nausea and mouth sores, two of the side effects of cancer treatments.

Angel Hair Pasta with Avocado and Tomatoes adapted Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook


 
















Prep Time: 20 Minutes      Start to Finish: 20 Minutes    

8 oz. uncooked angel hair pasta (I used wheat pasta)
2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil  (coconut oil may be used also)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves ( I used 2 tablespoons freeze-dried basil)
1/2 to 3/4 large avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into small cubes
4 medium tomatoes, cut into small cubes
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used
Rosemary, Basil and Citrus Salt )
1/4 teaspoon pepper (omitted)

1 Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.



 















2 Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring  occasionally, until garlic is tender but not brown. Remove from heat.

 















3 Stir basil, avocado and tomatoes into garlic in saucepan. 


  













Toss vegetable mixture and pasta. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. 6 serving (1 1/2 cups each)





 










High in Vitamin A and folic acid; good source of fiber

1 Serving; Calories 260 (Calories from Cat 70); Tran Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 350mg Potassium 350mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g Dietary Fiber 4g); Protein 7g %Daily Valves: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 10%: Calcium 2%; Iron 10%; Folic Acid 25%. Magnesium 10%; Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2


































What I Did and/or Think:
The only changes I made to the recipe are using wheat angel hair pasta and Rosemary, Basil and Citrus Salt instead of salt & pepper. 


The Taste: The flavor combination of tomato, avocado, garlic, and basil with pasta is the BEST! I LOVE this! It will definitely be REPEAT!

For a main dish I tossed 12 ounces precooked shrimps in. SUPER!




















ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:

Cast Party Wednesday#64 -Lady Behind the Curtain 
Made By Me Wednesdays # 54 @ JAQS Studio
Bizzy Bake Recipe Box
Show and Share Wednesday # 9  Semi-Homemade Mom 
Whatcha' Whipped Up Wednesday # 20 @ DJ's Sugar Shack
Whatever Goes Wednesday #141 @ Someday Crafts
{Wow Me Wednesday} # 74 @Ginger Snap Crafts
Wednesdays Adorned From Above  # 23
 Sew Much Ado - We Did It Wednesday
 Savvy Southern Style - Wow Us Wednesdays #89 
What I Whipped Up Wednesday @ Sugar and Dots 
Sugar & Spice and Everything Nice @Seven Thirty Three
Think Tank Thursday: Saving 4 Six 

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good. My Better Half loves avocados so this would be a hit for sure.

    My sister and I host a joint party and we'd love for you to join us. Remember, when you link up at one site, it shows up on both my blog and my sister's blog too...double exposure!!
    http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks tasty. Sadly I gave up wheat containing foods, so unfortunately I won't be making this any time soon. I do love tomatoes and avocado though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers