Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Herb-Coated Tilapia

Herb-Coated Tilapia



Hi everybody :)

I wanted to do a fish recipe today dealing with tilapia. I love tilapia, but my favorite fish is salmon.

One of major peeve is overcooked salmon. It got to be just right, tender, juicy pink flakes of fish.YUM! I looovvvvvve the way hubby cook it. He surprise me one anniversary, when I was too sick to go out and made a wonderful salmon dinner for us. IT WAS  DIVINE; at times he can really throw down in the kitchen. Ladies, there's nothing more sexy than a man who can cook and clean up afterwards. Uh.. uh.. uh... Well, enough about that, I don't want to be accused of over-sharing :)

While searching through my cookbook collection I came across this simple recipe and decided to give it a try.

Herb-Coated Tilapia adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook

















Ingredients
1/4  cup butter, melted
2/3  cup crushed butter-flavored crackers
2  tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/2   teaspoon dried oregano
1/2  teaspoon dried basil
1/4  teaspoon garlic powder
1  pound tilapia fillets

 Directions

1) Place butter in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, combine the crackers, cheese and seasonings.
Crumb Mixture


















Dip fillets in butter, then coat with crumbs.
Fish in Butter




Fish Uncooked


















 












2) Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking  dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes
or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

Yield: 4 servings.
Cooked Fish




What I Did  and/or Think :
The original recipe use cod fillets, but I decided to use tilapia because that's what I had. This turn out to be really good. I did had to press down hard to get the coating to adhere to the fish, so maybe I'll try it next time with egg white in with the butter. I think I'll also play around with the flavors some more, so this is a repeat.
















ENJOY! Come again.....

Linked to: 

Milk & Cuddles Mommy Club Link Up
Bizzy Bakes Recipe Box 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers