Search This Blog

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Creamy Grits & Perfect Scrambled Eggs - Breakfast Is Served

Creamy Grits & Perfect Scrambled Eggs - Breakfast Is Served


Creamy Grits & Perfect Scrambled Eggs - Breakfast Is Served

Hi everybody :)

It's Sunday again, so you'll know what time it is... time for another Breakfast is Served, Sunday! Yeah! If you miss last week's Cherry Cheese Danish - Breakfast Is Served, go here.

Being a southern girl, I have to share my love for grits with you. I love my grits creamy and soft. So even if the package directions say cooked in 5 minutes, uh uh, don't believe it. I cook my grits for about 25 minutes and to make it extra creamy. I add milk or half and half to the recipe. Hubby likes his with cream cheese.


















Creamy Grits
1 cup water
1 cup milk or half & half
1 tsp salt
1 1/4 cups Grits
 Butter and/or Cheddar Cheese for serving

Heat water an milk to a low boil over medium heat. Add grits and turn down to low. Cook for 30 minute, stirring occasionally and adding water if necessary to keep smooth.
















I chose Paula's Perfect Scrambled Eggs to accompany my Grits.





















The Lady's Perfect Scrambled Eggs  Paula Deen
1 tablespoon water
4 teaspoon sour cream
4  eggs
salt and pepper to taste

In a medium size bowl, beat eggs, sour cream, water, and salt and pepper until fluffy.  Using a nonstick frying pan, cook over low heat stirring occasionally until you reach desired consistency.

What I Think:
The grits were soft and creamy, not gritty :)  ha, ha get it.. just the way I liked them. The eggs were great, but I noticed they were a little watery, so next time I make them, I'll leave the water out.
















ENJOY! Come again......

Linking to:
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers