Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Cherry Cheese Danish - Breakfast Is Served

Cherry Cheese Danish - Breakfast Is Served


Hi everybody :)

Don't you just enjoy breakfast in bed at least once a week?... Of course you do. Breakfast is my favorite meal. If you're following me on Pinterest, I'm sure you can tell that from my Breakfast, Brunch, and Brinner board. If you're just tuning in to my blog you're in for a special announcement: I've decided to do a Breakfast Is Served Sunday :) So every Sunday I will post a breakfast meal just for you :)


Today's recipe is a pretty special one. I won a contest on Michelle's Blog, Brown Eyed Baker for a gift basket of jams and jellies by Sugarcrafter Sweets. Two really GREAT blogs, you must check them out! As soon as I heard the news, my mind went into overdrive, thinking about what I can make with my delicious goodies.

Jams from Sugarcrafter Sweets.

















One of the jams was Bourbon Cherry Jam. Cherries are my favorite fruit, so I  knew I had to use this one first. When I saw this recipe, I knew it would be perfect for the jam!
















Cherry Cheese Danish adapted by Life as a Lofthouse
Recipe By: Pillsbury
1 tube (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons lemon juice
8 teaspoons  Bourbon Cherry Jam
Glaze:
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons milk
Sliced Almonds, optional

Directions:  Separate dough into four rectangles. Seal perforations. In a small bowl whisk together cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Spread 1/4 of the mixture onto each rectangle. Roll up from long side; pinch edges to seal. Holding one end, loosely coil each.


Place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Top each coil with 2 teaspoons of jam. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, or golden brown.

For glaze, in a bowl, combine powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and milk. Stir until smooth and drizzle over each danish.  Sprinkle with sliced almonds, if desired. Makes 4 danishes

What I Think:

The danish was delicious, AND THE JAM, OH BOY, WAS OUT OF THIS WORLD !!! I could just eat it by the spoonful. I'm thinking of what I going to make with it next. So stay tuned in you don't want to miss it! :)

BTW, this is my own opinion; I'm not being paid to say any of this.


ENJOY! Come again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers