Search This Blog

Friday, August 10, 2012

Cream Cheese-Biscoff Swirled Brownies

Cream Cheese-Biscoff Swirled Brownies

 
Hi everybody :)

Today's recipe starts off with a brownie mix....ssshhhhh, I won't tell anybody if you don't ;) Mixes come in handy when you're pressed for time. So this is perfect for when you need a dessert in a snap :)

Recently, I stocked up on Biscoff, because at first they didn't sell it in my area :(  When my daughter came home law school, she would bring me some. Last week, while shopping at Winn Dixie, I SPOTTED BISCOFF!! :) YEAH! (If you can't find it in your area it's sold here and here.) The price here is a little bit higher than where my daughter attends school, but that's okay. The caramel cinnamon taste had me at one spoonful :) So, this put me in my creating mode, and I  decided to add it to a brownie mix along with cream cheese.

For the Brownie:
2 bags (19 - 21 oz.) Brownies Mix (I got my mix from Sam's Club and doubled the recipe for a 13x9" pan.)
Ingredients to make mix (eggs, water, and oil)

For the Cream Cheese Layer: adapted from Kraft
1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

To Make the Cream Cheese Layer:
Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy add sugar, egg, and vanilla; mix well.

For the Biscoff Layer: adapted from Martha Steward
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup smooth Biscoff spread
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
SEE NOTE

 To Make the Biscoff Layer:

Stir together butter, powdered sugar, Biscoff, salt, and vanilla in a bowl until smooth.

Prepare brownie batter as directed on the package, spread half into a greased 13x 9'" pan.  Drop dollops of cheese filling and Biscoff filling by tablespoonfuls of  over brownie batter and spread remaining brownie batter over the top. Repeat.

Working quickly so that batter, cream cheese, and fillings don't set, drag a butter knife back and forth through the layers with the tip touching the bottom of the pan.


NOTE: I think the next time I make these, I will add a little cream or milk to the Biscoff Filling because it wasn't so creamy when I added it to the batter.


What I Think:
NOTE: Make sure to swirl more if you want the marbling to show up better. I didn't :(

BTW,  for those of you who don't know what Biscoff spread is: go here for detailed information.


Despite the fact that I did get the creamy look of the Biscoff Filling or the marbling effect I hoped for, these brownies were DELICIOUS!!! So this will be a repeat.

ENJOY! Come again.....

Linked to:
Sweet Tooth Friday @ Alli-n-Son
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers