Search This Blog

Monday, November 12, 2012

Carrot Cake Cookies

Carrot Cake Cookies



Hi everybody :)

I did a double-take when I first saw these cookies. I knew I would be making them very soon.  It starts with my favorite obsession; CARROT CAKE It's made with a cake mix, plus you don't even have to wait for the butter to softened because you melt it! Super easy, huh? 

Then, I saw the recipe on the back of the cake box. It too look super delicious, with another one of my favorites; Oatmeal! I decided, I gotta do, what I gotta do...I combined the two!

So let's get it started... 
Carrot Cake Cookies adapted from Inside BruCrew & Duncan Hines Classic Decadent Box

Ingredients














 

1 carrot cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Classic Carrot Decadent)
1 teaspoon cinnamon1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup Kraft caramel bits
1 cup oatmeal (I used 1/2 cup roll & 1/2 cup quick) not shown
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
Raisin & Carrots, reconstituted (from the box)
1/2  cup chopped walnuts


Instructions:

Reconstitute the raisins and carrots as directed on the box, if using Duncan Hines Classic Decadent. 

  In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oatmeal, cinnamon, white chips, caramel bits, sit aside.  
   Add the raisins and carrots to the cake mixture along with the walnuts.
   In a small bowl, mix the  butter, eggs, vanilla.  Add to cake mixture.  
   Stir by hand until combined or a stand mixer on low speed, mixture will be stiff.  
 Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Form dough into 1- 1 1/2 inch balls, place  on baking sheet, and flatten with damp hands.
 Bake at 350 for 10-11 minutes. Let cool on pan 2-3 minutes. Gently remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely. Store in air tight container. Use a metal spatula to remove the cookies from the baking sheet. The caramel will start to stick to the pan if you leave it cool too much.  (I used parchment paper)
What I Think:
I think the combination of the two recipes were GREAT. Thick and Chewy. Definitely Another REPEAT!

For  Tropical Carrot Cake Cookies:
Omitted the caramel bits, and add about 2 tablespoons each, chopped dried Pineapple (reconstituted) & Coconut to the Raisin & Carrots mixture and proceed as directed.

And following the carrot cake tradition, I drizzle a Cream Cheese Glaze on top of the cookies, optional. 

For the Cream Cheese Glaze recipe found here.



 















ENJOY! Come again....

Linked to: 
Melt In Your Mouth Monday # 90 @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms 
The Girl Creative: Just Something I whipped Up  
The Chicken Chick: Clever Chicks Blog Hop
Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks
Mop Up Mondays - I Should be Mopping the Floor    
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday! 
An original Belle: Make It Yourself Monday
2012 Cookie Exchange: The Tumbleweed Contessa 
Crazy Sweet Tuesday Crazy for Crust

1 comment:

  1. How lovely sounding! I am crazy for carrot cake but it is so rich. What a great way to have just a bite. I'm glad to have seen these at Mopping the Floor and I hope you will share them at my holiday cookie exchange: http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/2012-cookie-exchange-cookies-and-memories/

    ReplyDelete

Followers