Search This Blog

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Pumpkin Drop Cookies: Pink Ribbon Recipe

Pumpkin Drop Cookies: Pink Ribbon Recipe


Hi everybody :

Today is the beginning of my Pink Ribbon Recipes. Since cookies are my favorite things to bake, I'm starting with cookies :)  Pumpkin Drop Cookies. My first taste of pumpkin was when I made Pumpkin Nut Belgian Waffles, I LOVE them! So when I saw this recipe in the book, I thought, why not?

Since pumpkins are high in beta-carotene, a form of vitamin A, an antioxidant vitamin. Studies have shown that antioxidant, may reduce the risk of certain types of cancer. These cookies are also great for nausea and diarrhea, two common side effects of cancer treatments.

So let's get it stared...




  
 

















Pumpkin Drop Cookies adapted Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook














1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar

2 eggs
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup raisins

1. Heat oven to 375 F. Grease cookie sheets with shortening. In large bowl, mix butter and sugars with spoon. Beat in eggs. 

















Stir in pumpkin. Stir in remaining ingredients except raisins. Fold in raisins.














 



2. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls about 3 inches apart onto cookie sheets.

3 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set and golden. Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks.  Makes
about 4 dozen cookies





 













Low fiber; low residue

1 Cookie: Calories 80 (Calories from Fat 20); Total Fat 2g (Saturated Fat 1/5g Trans Fat Og); Cholesterol 15mg Sodium 120mg; Potassium 55mg Total Carbohydrate 15g (Dietary Fiber 0g); Protein 1g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 0%: Calcium 2%; Iron 4%; Folic Acid 2%, Magnesium 0% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices; 1


What I Did and/or Think:
I followed the recipe and made the cookies as directed. 

To get them the shape I normally like my cookies after I drop them from the spoon I flatten them slightly with damped hands before baking them. The first patch I didn't do that, I did as stated in the recipe and this is how they came out below.




 








The Taste: The cookies were good.  They are soft cake-like cookies. I'm normally a sweet potato girl but, I'm starting to like pumpkin more and more :)



ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:

Strut Your Stuff Saturday @ Six Sister's Stuff
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck # 40 
Sweets for Saturday# 91 @ Sweet As Sugar Cookies  
Me and My Sweets: Fall Cookies Blog Hop 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers