Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Pork Chops in Sour Cream Sauce

Pork Chops in Sour Cream Sauce


Hi everybody :)

I'm a meat lover, once upon a time I thought about becoming a vegetarian because of health issues. I DO love my fruits and vegetables too, but I think everything in moderation will balance itself out in the end.  Now I'm making smarter choices about what I eat. Being a food blogger is helping me out with those choices by   giving me the chance to create and explore all the different varieties of foods and how it's prepared. I get to try new ideas and share them with you :)

The recipe I'm sharing today is from my collections of cookbooks. I picked this one because the sour cream sauce caught my attention and since I had all the ingredients already on hand, I thought it would be perfect for dinner tonight.

Pork Chops in Sour Cream Sauce adapted Pure & Simple: Beta Sigma Phi
















Ingredients
6 loin pork chops
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
2 tablespoons catsup
1 clove of garlic, minced  (I used Freeze Dried Garlic)
1 beef bouillon cube (I used Better Than Bouillon Beef Base, reduced sodium)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup water
1/2 cup sour cream

Brown pork chops in large skillet.
Browning Pork Chops


















Add next 6 ingredients.
Water


















Next 5 Ingredients



















Reduce heat; simmer for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender.
Pork Chops with the 6 Ingredients Added


















Remove pork chops to serving platter; keep warm. Combine flour with 1/4 cup water in small bowl. Add slowly to cooking liquid, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened.
Cooking Sauce until Thickened


















Stir in sour cream. Heat through; do not boil.
Adding Sour Cream


















Serve over pork chops. Yield: 6 servings.




What I Did and/or Think:
Please forgive my late post. I been really busy.

I only cook four pork chops, used Freeze Dried Garlic and Better Than Bouillon Beef Base instead of garlic clove and beef bouillon.

Now for the pork chop, I was very please with this dish. The cream had a nice slightly tangy taste to it, not overpowering the meat. The meat was tender and juicy. This made a GREAT dinner so it will be going into my REPEAT file

















ENJOY! Come again....

 















Linked to  
Mandy's Recipe Box: Totally Tasty Tuesdays
Tuesday-Talent-Show:  Chef In Training
Kathe With an E You're Gonna Love It 
 33 Shades of Green-Tasty Tuesday
Trick or Treat Tuesday: Inside BruCrew Life
Tasty Confessional: Crafty Confessions



3 comments:

  1. Looks great and must taste great! Thank you so much for sharing. Oh yes, I will definitely try this!
    Mine is here
    Have you a FANTABULOUS WEEK!!!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be pinning this for sure Cindy! I love it :-) I will be featuring this post on my Facebook page too ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pork chops. The sour cream sounds really good. Thanks so much.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

Followers