Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Cheddar Cheese Loaves

Cheddar Cheese Loaves 


Hi everybody :)

Today is the beginning of Fall, HOORAY!

Don't worry this is not another apple post either, but it is something I love to do in the Fall.... I love baking bread in the Fall. Although, I do have a great apple bread recipe.... I will share it at a later time :)

Today recipe is a Cheddar Cheese Loaf. I know I have loaves in the title at the top, and I did make the full recipe, but I didn't bake the second loaf yet. I wanted to have a little fun and experiment with it first, I  will share the results at a later time. I did bake the first loaf according to the recipe, now lets get it started.

Cheddar Loaves adapted Taste of Home Baking, All NEW Edition












Ingredients
3 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water (110 to 115°)
2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs
3 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (I used mild Cheddar Cheese)

Directions:

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, sugar, salt and 6 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 - 8 minutes.
Dough after Kneading
















Place in a greased bowl. turning once to grease top. Cover and lot rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
I added Cheese before Proofing


















Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead cheese  into the dough.
Dough divided into Loaves



















Dough before Proofing


















Divide in half; shape each portion into a 6-in. round loaf. Place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes
Finished Loaf


















Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate leftovers.




















What I Did and/or Think:
As you can see from the photos I adding the cheese before letting the dough rises, divided the loaves but only did one loaf. I also used mild cheddar cheese instead of sharp.

The taste of the bread was good, it had a nice soft chewy texture with a light cheesy taste to it. It would be great for toast or served along side a salad. All in all... this is another GREAT REPEAT!

As I mention earlier, I saved the second loaf to experiment with a little, and I will share the results later. In the meanwhile, if your looking for a good loaf or two, maybe you should try this one...I know you'll like it





















ENJOY! Come again....

****** UPDATE: I made Pepperoni Rolls with the other bread dough! 











Linked to  
Yeastspotting!,   
Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party -  Week 63 
Skip To My Lou: Made by you Monday
BYOB @ girlichef: BYOB - Bake Your Own Bread
The Chicken Chick:: Clever Chicks Blog Hop 5 
Jaime @ Mom's Test Kitchen

2 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for bread...but a total push-over for cheesy bread. YUM! This is a fantastic loaf and I know that I need to make it. Soon! So happy that you've added it to the BYOB bread basket this month, thank you =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, new fan here from Sweets for a Saturday! This sounds really delicious!

    I’d like to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/10/clever-chicks-blog-hop-5-happy-hen.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

Followers