Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Black Cherry Pretzel Dessert Cups

Black Cherry Pretzel Dessert Cup


Hi everybody :) 

My favorite fruit is cherry, so I decided to put a new spin on the famous Strawberry Pretzel Salad. Don't get me wrong, I do love strawberries too. They're a close runner-up to cherries :) I had plenty of cherries on hand and I wanted to make something that didn't have to go in the oven. Something cool and refreshing: cherry pretzel dessert cups...BINGO!



















Black Cherry Pretzel Dessert Cups partly adapted from Kraft Foods

Serving 3 (5oz). cups
1 (3 ounce) pkg. Black Cherry Jello
1 cup hot water
1 cup (about 5 oz.) frozen cherry with juice
2 ounces cream cheese (1/4  [8 oz.] package)
2 tablespoon sugar
1 cup Cool Whip
3/4 cup crushed pretzels (I use mini pretzels)
1/4 cup melted butter
1 tablespoons sugar
Cherries and Pretzels for garnish

Mix the butter, pretzels and sugar divide evenly  into plastic 3 5 oz. cups, about 3 tablespoon per cup. Using another cup to press mixture down firmly. Freeze for 30 minutes.






















Meanwhile dissolve Jello in boiling water; let set for about 30 minutes.
Add frozen cherries to jello.  Working quickly, pour on top of pretzel crust in each cup. Jello will begin to thicken.

















Refrigerate until set for about 25-30 minutes.












Then mix the cream cheese, sugar and Cool Whip together and spread it over the Jello. Store in fridge until ready for serving.  Garnish with fresh Cherries and Pretzels.




















What I Think :
 If you like Strawberry Pretzel Salad, you're going to LOVE THIS! Enough said..

BTW, you can mix and match fruits and jello, or go with a cookie crust if you like. Read the jello box to see what fruits that do not gel well first. Oh, I downsized the recipe for 3 servings, but it can be doubled or tripled.

ENJOY! Come again....

Linked to: 
Tuesday Talent Show #49     
Melt In Your Mouth Recipes Blog Hop # 78

2 comments:

  1. I DO love strawberry pretzel salad, so I'm excited to try this :) Thanks for sharing! New follower here. Yay for being blog friends!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Zachary and Sarah, I'm new to blogging and still finding my way around.

      Delete

Followers