Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Lemon-Pepper Brussels Sprouts

Lemon-Pepper Brussels Sprouts


Hi everybody :)

Brussels Sprouts is a vegetable, I recently learned to love a few years ago. I'm always looking for new ways to serve it. This recipe is from  Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook (2010)  I love quick cooking recipes and I had all the ingredients for this one. So let's get it started...

Lemon-Pepper Brussels Sprouts
 2 pounds fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and halved
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 green onions, sliced
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the brussels sprouts in butter and oil for 10-12 minutes or until tender.

Add the green onions, lemon juice, lemon-pepper and salt; cook 1 minute longer. 
Yield: 5 servings.

What I Did and/or Think:

I love tangy taste of this recipe. I think next time I'll add carrots, lemon zest, and sweet onions to this for added flavors and color. This is definitely a REPEAT.

ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:

Tasty Tuesday (Food Only) @ Naptime Creation  

33 Shades of Green-Tasty Tuesday 
The Winthrop Chronicles Link Party 
Tuesday-Talent-Show:  Chef In Training  
Take-a-Look Tuesday Sugar Bee Crafts 
Show Me What Ya Got
Kathe With an E You're Gonna Love It   
Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at ODH 
Trick or Treat Tuesday: Inside BruCrew Life  
Katherine Martinelli: Brussels Sprouts Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers