Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Easy Shrimp Dip: A Heartfelt Thank You

Easy Shrimp Dip: A Heartfelt Thank You


Hi everybody :)

First, I like to take this time to welcome my followers. I really appreciate the love. Some of you have been with me from the very beginning, when I didn't have anything posted because I didn't know what I was doing. I'm still learning, so please be patience with me. It warms my heart and keep me going, reading the comments and encouraging words from you. A heartfelt thanks goes out to you. I hope I can continue to bring you culinary delights from my kitchen and crafty projects too. (I'm getting to the crafting soon, still trying to get the hang of things) Thank you, thank you, thank you...

Now for the recipe... if you're doing some entertaining this weekend and need a quick appetizer to serve, then this might be for you...from my cookbook collection Easy Shrimp Dip.

Easy Shrimp Dip adapted Calling All Cook Three
















Ingredients
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise-style salad dressing
1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
1  4-ounce can small shrimp drained, rinsed (I used about 6 ounces of cooked medium shrimps)
1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
(I added 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb Seasoning.)

















Directions
Combine cream cheese and salad dressing in bowl; mix well. Stir in garlic salt, shrimp and green onions. Chill, covered, overnight Serve with fresh vegetables or assorted crackers. May omit garlic salt
Yield: 12 servings


















What I Did and/or Think:
Being a dip, it is best made the night before serving,  but I was in a hurry and let it set in the refrigerator for about 2 hours. As you can also see from the picture of the ingredients, I made a few changes to the recipe. I didn't have canned shrimps, so I used about 6 ounces of cooked medium shrimps. I Love Shrimp! I also added 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash Onion and Herb Seasoning. I used Town House Crackers to served it, and garnish it with extra shrimps and green onion.  This was really, really great, so IT A REPEAT!

BTW, It will not be a Breakfast Is Served post tomorrow. It will be back the following week. Have a great weekend. :)
















ENJOY! Come again....

Linked to:
Show and Tell Saturday: Be Different...Act Normal 
Appetizer Round-Up and Your Best Party Recipes Blog Hop 
Six Sisters' Stuff: Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party Week 60

1 comment:

Followers