Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Cinnamon Apple Crisp: Three Days 'til Fall

Cinnamon Apple Crisp: Three Days 'til Fall


Hi everybody :)

Did you know in three more days Fall will be HERE!

Hooray, Hooray FALL IS NEAR!

I guess if you didn't know it before, you know now, that fall is my favorite time of year. I even wrote a poem about it here

I know you all didn't come here to hear me go on and on about how I love Fall; so let's get on to the recipe; which by the way is perfect for Fall :)

Okay, okay.... today's recipe is all about apples, I know I've been posting a lot of apple recipes lately, but I've have a feeling you're going to looovvvvve  this one.

Apple Crisp is my favorite Fall dessert, maybe after you taste this one, it will become yours too. Let's get it started....


Apple Crisp adapted partly Taste of Home: Baking

Ingredients:

Filling:











8 cups sliced peeled tart apples (I used Ganny Smith and Golden Delicious)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used cinnamon extract, 1/4 teaspoon) here
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup apple cider
2 tablespoons cornstarch (not shown in picture)
1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
1/4 cup caramel bits
2 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces (not shown in picture)

Topping:
















1/2 cup quick-cooking oats (I used 3/4 cup  old fashioned)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (I used 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch salt
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons cold butter (I used 5 tablespoons)
Vanilla ice cream, optional
Caramel Ice Cream Topping, optional
1/4 cup Toasted Sugared Walnuts, or Walnut Ice Cream instead of Vanilla optional

In a large bowl, toss apple in lemon juice and add the remaining filling ingredients.
Filling Mixture


















Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.

In a bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
Topping Mixture without Butter


















Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
Topping Mixture with Butter


















Sprinkle over apple mixture.
Crisp before Baking


















Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden. Place sheet pan on second rack to catch drippings.










Let cool to warm about 1 1/2 -2 hours; served with ice cream and caramel topping if desired.
















What I Did and /or Think:

The changes I made are in Italic, as stated above.

For the Sugared Walnuts:
I toasted the walnuts with 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon/sugar, 1 teaspoon butter and pinch salt until fragrant; about 8 - 10 minutes in 350 oven; cool and sprinkle on top of ice cream along with caramel topping.











Sugared Walnuts























The Taste: DDDELICIOUS! REPEAT ALL AROUND!!













ENJOY! Come again.....

Linked to:
Rattlebridge Farms: Foodie Friday 
Tasty Tuesday (Food Only) @ Naptime Creation
Tuesday-Talent-Show:  Chef In Training 
 33 Shades of Green-Tasty Tuesday
 Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at ODH 
 Fall Favorites Link Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers