Search This Blog

Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Personal Pan Pizza

My Personal Pan Pizza


Hi everybody :)

So many times I find myself alone during the day, even on the weekends. I don't mind the alone time that much. The only problem is, I have a habit of cooking too much food. For today's recipe I wanted  to make a simple down-sized meal for one or maybe two :)














Jay's Signature Pizza Crust with Joyce's  tip adapted   All Recipes
  
Yield: 1 giant pizza crust

Ingredients

2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
1 teaspoon salt 
2 tablespoons olive oil 
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (I used bread flour)
Directions
In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and brown sugar in the water, and let sit for 10 minutes.
Water,  Yeast, and Brown Sugar after 10 minutes


















Stir the salt and oil into the yeast solution. Mix in 2 1/2 cups of the flour.
Flour, Yeast Mixture and Seasonings

















 
Dough before rising


















Turn dough out onto a clean, well-floured surface, and knead in more flour until the dough is no longer sticky. Place the dough into a well-oiled bowl, and cover with a cloth. Let the dough rise until doubled; this should take about 1 hour. Punch down the dough, and form a tight ball. Allow the dough to relax for a minute before rolling out. Use for your favorite pizza recipe.
Dough after rising

















 
Dough divided into 1/3

















 
Pizza Pan



















Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). If you are baking the dough on a pizza stone, you may place your toppings on the dough, and bake immediately. If you are baking your pizza in a pan, lightly oil the pan, and let the dough rise for 15 or 20 minutes before topping and baking it.
Bake pizza in preheated oven, until the cheese and crust are golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. 

JOYCE Tip: I added Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder along with the salt/oil. And I baked them for 10 minutes prior to adding the toppings in a 12 inch cake pan and 12 inch cast iron skillet, that were both olive oiled WELL, and dusted with yellow cornmeal.... Just have to adjust weather and flour consistency to the stickiness of the dough. Some days need less, some days need MUCH more. Adding about a 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese to the dough is great with the seasonings. I never roll the dough out, I just use my hands and flatten it in the bottom of the pans, working up the sides. Also sometimes string cheese rolled in the crust.
















What I Did and/or Think: 
 I followed the recipe and Joyce's tip. I added Mrs. Dash Onion and Herbs Seasoning and freeze dried basil instead of Italian Seasoning. I also used bread flour instead of all-purpose. 

I divided the dough into 3 parts. I labeled, dated and froze two of bags for future use.

I topped it with ground beef, sauce, peppers, onions, pepperoni, and cheese.

Pizza was MMMMmmmm Delicious! I love the flavors the herbs added to the dough. The dough was also chewy and soft, better than Pizza Hut. Yeah, I said it, and I'll say it again. :) 

Sometimes being home alone IS NOT so bad at all... :)
 
Linked to
Tuesdays at the Table 
Bizzy Bakes Recipe Box # 11 
Rattlebrige Farm: Foodie Friday  
What Works for me Wednesday at We Are That Family 
Six Sister's Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party - Week 59 
Pizza Blog Hop  
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck

UPDATE 2 NEW PHOTOS!!!
Before Cook















After Cooking




















ENJOY! Come again.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers