Search This Blog

Monday, February 25, 2013

Bloody Mary Cheeseburgers

 Bloody Mary Cheeseburgers

Hi everybody :)
When I first saw this recipe, I knew I would be making it soon. Bloody Mary Cheeseburgers, don't worry there's no alcohol in the recipe. Although, I did thought about adding some :) I opted out. The burgers and special sauce are prepared with spicy ingredients that mimic the Classic Bloody Mary Cocktail without the vodka. Let's get it started... 
Bloody Mary Cheeseburgers 
For the Burgers:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef chuck
Kosher salt and coarse black pepper
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 rounded tablespoons prepared horseradish (I used 1 tbsp.)
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (I used 1/2 tbsp. Sriracha Sauce)
A small handful celery tops and leaves, finely chopped
1/4 cup Heinz organic ketchup or Heinz chili sauce
1/2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs or fine breadcrumbs
1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 slices sharp cheddar cheese (
Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese)
4 brioche burger rolls, split (I used Hamburger Buns.)
For the Sauce:
3/4 cup Heinz ketchup
1 rounded tablespoon horseradish (I used 1/2 tsp.)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
(I used 1/2 tsp. Sriracha Sauce) 
2 tablespoons minced celery tops
Coarse black pepper, to taste


Place beef in mixing bowl, season kosher salt and pepper. Add Worcestershire, horseradish, Tabasco, celery tops and leaves, ketchup or chili sauce, cracker crumbs and egg yolk. 
Combine and form 4 large patties that are thinner at the center than the edges for even cooking. 

(I wrapped the burgers in plastic and refrigerate for 3 hours.)

Combine sauce ingredients in small bowl. 
Heat skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. Add oil and wipe around pan. Add burgers and cook 8-10 minutes, turning once. Top with cheese in last minute or 2 of your cooking time. 
 (I used Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese.)
 Serve on rolls topped with special sauce.
Source: Rachael Ray Show

What I Did and/or Think:
The changes I made are in Bold, Italic, & Purple

The Taste: The burgers were great, but I really LOVE the sauce on top. It was spicy, but not too spicy and really made the burgers popped, so don't leave the sauce off. 
ENJOY! Come again...
Linked to:
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday! Watch Out Martha 
Recipe Sharing Monday @ Jam Hands 
Scrumptious Sunday Recipe Link Party  @ Addicted Recipes 
Melt In Your Mouth Monday @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms  
 

1 comment:

Followers