Search This Blog

Friday, January 11, 2013

Bourbon-Brown Sugar Orange Glazed Salmon

Bourbon-Brown Sugar Orange Glazed Salmon

Hi everybody :)


Because I love salmon so much and still had half of the pack still in the refrigerator, I decided to share another recipe with you all. This recipe is sort of a combinations of two recipes that catch my attention. I took what I thought would be a great taste from both recipes and combined them together.  

Going by what I think is the best flavors of the two, I cooked the salmon  in a sauce flavored with brown sugar, orange juice, lemon zest. garlic, onions, and bourbon. Here's how I did it...
 
 Bourbon Brown Sugar Orange Glazed Salmon  partly adapted All Recipes and My Recipes

4 tablespoons butter 
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup chopped green onions 
2 garlic cloves, minced  
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest 
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 (6oz.)  salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
1/4 - 1/3 cup bourbon whiskey (I eyeballed it
Melt butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar and  next 4 ingredients
Season salmon with salt and pepper; place them on top of brown sugar mixture. Cook for 3-5 minutes on medium heat. 
Turn salmon, and pour bourbon around the fillets. Continue cooking for 3-5 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Spoon glaze over the salmon, and serve.
 What I Think:

LOVE the smell of this cooking! I wish you all could have smelt it too :) The taste was wonderful, absolutely AMAZING!!!  This is my officially new best salmon recipe! R-E-P-E-A-T !   R-E-P-E-A-T !   What that spell?  YAAAaa!  REPEAT!!!

ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:
Food-Tastic Fridays @ Not Your Ordinary Recipes 
Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum
Blissful and Domestic Friday Link Party 
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck 
One Creative Mommy: Creative Weekend # 27 
Katherine Martinelli: Salmon Blog Hop 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I love salmon too! There are so many delicious flavors in this dish! Thanks for sharing at Once Creative Weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Followers