Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Easy Chicken and Dumplings

Easy Chicken and Dumplings


 Hi everybody 

I know my little smiley face is missing, I'm not in a smiley face mood today. Sometimes, I feel like I'm just moving around on autopilot. Losing Jennifer, around the same time and the same reason I lost my mom eight years ago, still have me on this emotional roller-coaster...

I been sharing some of my favorite comfort foods, baking breads and cookies, because it seems to help me to stay focus. So let's get it started...

I'm making another one of my favorite comfort foods, Chicken and Dumplings. What makes this recipe sooooo easy is that Roastisire chicken, purchase at the deli/cafe, store-brought broth, and canned biscuits are use, so the majority of the work in making this is done!
Easy Chicken and Dumplings adapted My Recipes America's Favorite Food

Ingredients:


















1 (32-oz.) container low-sodium chicken broth {used 2 (14.5-oz.) cansBetter Than Bouillon Beef Base, reduced sodium & enough water to make 32 oz.}   
3 cups
shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2 lb.)
1
(10 3/4-oz.) can reduced-fat cream of chicken soup
1/4 teaspoon
poultry seasoning 
1
(10.2-oz.) can refrigerated jumbo buttermilk biscuits (I used 4 biscuits, rolled flat, and squared)
2
carrots, diced
3
celery ribs, diced

Directions:
Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.
Place biscuits on a lightly floured surface. Roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips. (I cut the biscuits into squares)
(I sprinkled Mrs Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning on the biscuits)
Drop strips, 1 at a time, into boiling broth mixture. 
 (Most of the seasoning came off the dumplings.)
Add carrots and celery. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking. Note: One roasted chicken yields about 3 cups of meat.
 (I added 2 tablespoon cornstarch with 1/4 cup water to thicken, 3 minutes before it's done, along with 3 green onions)

What I Did and/or Think:

The  changes I made are in Purple & Italic.



With the leftover biscuit and straps, I made biscuit  "crackers."  Just roll out biscuit as in the picture above, seasoned with Mrs. Dash.  Cut out with cookie cutter; I used a leaf cutter. Place on a lightly greased sheet pan in a 350 degree oven for about 6 min or until edges are lightly brown, watch carefully.

Biscuit "Crackers"

The Taste: I LOVE the taste of this. If you're looking for a quick and easy chicken and dumpling without all the "work" in making it, than look no further. THIS IS IT! REPEAT.




















ENJOY! Come again...

Linked  to:

Kathe With an E You're Gonna Love It  
Show Me What You Got Tuesday's at ODH 
Trick or Treat Tuesday: Inside BruCrew Life
Tasty Tuesday (Food Only) @ Naptime Creation  
33 Shades of Green-Tasty Tuesday  

The Winthrop Chronicles Link Party
Take-a-Look Tuesday Sugar Bee Crafts 
Show Me What Ya Got  #99
Tuesday's Table: Time for the Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. This looks both simple and tasty! I'd love for you to share this at Tuesday's Table for the Holidays - http://zentmrs.blogspot.com/2012/11/tuesdays-table-time-for-holidays.html

    ReplyDelete

Followers