Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2012

Easy Cheesy Broccoli Bake: Pink Ribbon Recipe

Easy Cheesy Broccoli Bake: Pink Ribbon Recipe


Hi everybody :)

Continuing with my Pink Ribbon Recipe, I pick this recipes to share because I LOVE broccoli.  It's one of my favorite vegetables. 


This recipe may be a good choice for cancer patients because it's great for nausea, one of the side effects of cancer treatment.  Broccoli is a great source of folic acid, which aid in normal body functions. But as I stated here the doctor warns excessive folic acid can interfere with the effectiveness of a chemotherapy called methotrexate, so please check with the doctor first, if you're on a special diet.




















Easy Cheesy Broccoli Bake adapted Betty Crocker Living with Cancer Cookbook

Prep Time; 10 Minutes      Start to Finish: 1 Hour 5 Minutes      6 servings (1 cup each) 
















1 bag (1 lb) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed, drained
1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of chicken or cream of celery soup
1 jar (8 oz) process cheese sauce
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1 cup uncooked instant rice (I used Minute Instant Whole Grain Brown Rice)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1/4 teaspoon pepper (I used 1 teaspoon Mrs Dash Onion & Herb Seasoning)

(I added 2 tablespoon butter)
 

Heat oven to 350F Spray 3-quart casserole with cooking spray Mix all ingredients in casserole.





















































































Cover; bake 50 to 55 minutes or until rice is tender.

High in calcium, folic acid and Vitamins A and C; good source of fiber

1 Serving; Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 110); Total Fat 12g; (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 940mg; Potassium 280mg; Total Carbohydrate 28g (Dietary Fiber 3g): Protein 9g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%; Folic Acid 20%; Magnesium 6% Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 2 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 2


What I Did and/or Think:
I followed the recipe except for the changes in Italic. 

The Taste: I really like the taste of this casserole. I served it with boneless/skinless chicken baked breast topped with a cheese sauce. GOOD EATI think the next time I do this I will use Uncle Ben Long Grain Rice, my favorite; so this will be REPEATED!
ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:
 

Keeping It Simple - Motivate Me Monday Link Party#146
Sew Can Do - Craftastic Monday Link Up Part
An original Belle: Make It Yourself Monday
Mop Up Mondays - I Should be Mopping the Floor #40
My Meatless Monday: My Sweet and Savory
This Week Cravings: Mom's Crazy Cooking 

Marvelous Mondays @ This Gal Cooks #18
The Bulletin Board @ Mrs Happy Homemaker 
Skip To My Lou: Made by you Monday
Melt In Your Mouth Monday #88 (Food Only) @ Make Ahead Meals for Busy Moms
Flour Me With Love: Mix it up Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers