Search This Blog

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Chicken Salad Sandwich with Mini Hoagie Roll

Chicken Salad Sandwich with Mini Hoagie Roll


Hi everybody :)

Going by what I already had on hand, I search for the perfect recipe. It was a hard search but I manage to come up with something, I really need to go shopping soon :) When I saw the chicken salad recipe I made some changes to it according to my likes.

Here's What I Did...

Chicken Salad slightly adapted Taste of Home Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook (2010)

Ingredients

About 6 Mini Herbal "Hoagie" Rolls or whatever rolls you like
3 cups cooked chicken, rotisserie or canned (well drained, if using canned) (I love using the breast meat)
1/4 cup chopped celery (I also added 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds)
1/4 cup sliced almond
1/2 cup dried cranberries or raisins
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (not shown)
teaspoon Salad Supreme
1 teaspoon dried ranch dressing mix (not shown)
Tomato Slices,  optional
Fresh Spinach Leaves, optional
Cheese Slices, optional

Split rolls in half horizontally, butter and toast each halves lightly; if desired.
Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. 
In a smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Salad Supreme and dressing mix.  
 Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. 
Place salad mixture on top of the bottoms. Top with Spinach Leaves, Tomato Slices, and Cheese Slices. Replace the tops.

What I Think:

Although, my first choice would have been a roast beef sandwich, like Heather suggested :) The chicken salad turn out to be very tasty. I love the sweet tartness the craisins (dried cranberries) added.  The rolls were still delicious.  So... great combination right? Wrong. 

I think these two different flavors were definitely GREAT, BUT NOT TOGETHER, so they will be REPEATED, BUT SEPARATELY, next time :)

****Update: I made this sandwich again left out the tomato slice and cheese, added 2 tablespoon  guacamole dip on it, DELICIOUS!!!

Now, I'm craving that roast beef sandwich :)
 
ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:
Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Fantastic Thursday @ Three Little Chiefs
Creative Thursday @ Michelle's Tasty Creations 
Link it Up Thursday @ Seven
Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's DilemmaShow Case Your Talent  @What's Cooking Love
Think Tank Thursday: Saving 4 Six   

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    There is nothing better than a great Chicken Salad and your recipe looks delicious! Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love chicken salad!
    Thanks for sharing this at Think Tank Thursday. We hope to see you again tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cindy,
    This sandwich looks delish! Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful rest of the week
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Followers