Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops: Tackling the Unknown

Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops


Hi everybody :)

Do you enjoy trying new things; or are your shy about experiencing the unknown? Me?... I guess I'm a little of both.  

Yesterday phone conversation with my daughter, got me to thinking...  

She's much more adapted to trying new things than she think she is.  She away at college, staying on her own, miles away from her family and friends, and experience the unknown  on a daily basis. Yet she think she shy away from trying new things,  go figure.  Alas... On my Very, very, small scale of tackling the unknown  and experiencing, I'm grilling in my Super Pot today. This is the first time I'm using it for that purpose. We're having Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops.  My love of dinner in a hurry and something different for tonight led me to this recipe.  I thought it would be the perfect recipe to try to test the pot grilling capabilities. 
 
Fruit-Glazed Pork Chops
adapted Taste of Home: Quick Cooking Annual Cookbook (2010)


















1/3 cup hickory smoke-flavored barbecue sauce (I used Sweet Baby Rays Sweet & Spicy)
1/2 cup apricot or peach preserves (I used cherry preserves)
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1 teaspoon prepared mustard

1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (I used allspice)
6 bone-in pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, preserves, corn syrup, mustard and cloves; set aside.
(I added 2 tablespoons bourbon to this)



 




























Coat the grill rack with cooking spray before starting the grill. Sprinkle the pork chops with salt and pepper. 

















Grill  the pork chops, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees, basting frequently with the sauce mixture
Yield : 6 servings.










 
 








 












 












 
















What I Did and/or Think:
The changes I made to the recipe is in Italic stated above.  I think this is a great recipe  to change out the flavor of the preserves, so have fun. I didn't have apricot so I went with cherry, and to make it a little more interesting I added bourbon to the sauce :) I made extra sauce to serve with the chops also.


The Taste: I LOVE the taste of the pork chops, tender and juicy with a hint of spicy sweetness. This is going in the REPEAT file for sure!


And as for tackling the unknown... I concluded, whatever you're tackling or taking on, be it great or small, accomplishing your goal in the end is what really counts :)



 













ENJOY! Come again...

Linked to:

Full Plate Thursday @ Miz Helen's Country Cottage 
Hookin' Up # 121 @ House of Hepworths 
Creative Juice Thursday @ Momnivore's Dilemma 
Tastetastic Thursday @ A Little Nosh
 Sweet Treat Thursday @ Something Swanky
 Foodie Fridays @ Designs By Gollum
 I'm Lovin' It Fridays @ Tidy Mom 
Food-Tastic Fridays @ Not Your Ordinary Recipes
Foodie Friday @ Simple Living 
  @ 21st Century Housewife

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have a great weekend and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. apricot looks like a great preserve to use with pork. Thanks for sharing it on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious way to serve pork chops! I like the ingredients in this sauce. They are all so flavourful, and apricot works brilliantly with pork.

    ReplyDelete

Followers