Search This Blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Peaches and Cream Spread: My Sincere Apologies

Peaches and Cream Spread: My Sincere Apologies


Hi everybody :)

I come to you today offering my sincere apologies; I'm so sorry. I didn't know August was Peach Month. Some food blogger I am, here we are at the tail-end of August and I didn't post a single peach recipe. Oh the shame of it all, and me being from the Peach State at that. Shame. Shame. Shame. :( In my hopes to right my wrong, I bring you this recipe from my cookbook collection.






 











Peaches and Cream Spread adapted from Gifts That Taste Good 

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
3 tablespoons peach preserves
3 tablespoons peach schnapps or peach nectar

In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients, blending well. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. Serve with gingersnaps. date nut bread, or favorite quick bread. Yield: about 1 1/4 cups of spread.


What I Think:
This was GREAT! Like all spreads or dips, be sure to prepare this ahead of time to give the flavors a chance to mellow.

This is one of those recipes were the flavors can be easily swapped out to whatever you like, for examples:   
Cherry and Cream - Cherry Jam and Cherry Liqueur served with vanilla wafers.
Apple and Cream -  Apple Schnapps and Apple Jam served with Gingersnaps
Strawberry and Cream  - Strawberry Jam and Strawberry Liqueur or nectar served with vanilla wafers
Mocha and Cream - Kahlua and Chocolate Chips served with Graham Crackers
Pina Colada and Cream - Pineapple Jam and Light Rum served with Coconut Shortbread Cookies

Lemon or Lime and Cream - Lemon or Lime Curd and Limoncello  liqueur served with Gingersnaps

So have fun and experiment; the possibilities are endless. :)


ENJOY! Come again.....

Linked to:  
I'm Loving It - Week 124 
Something Swanky's Sweet Treats and Swanky Stuff Link Party
Appetizer Round-Up and Your Best Party Recipes Blog Hop 
  @ 21st Century Housewife
The Better Baker Weekend Potluck
Six Sister's Strut Your Stuff Saturday Link Party - Week 59

1 comment:

  1. Your peaches and cream spread sounds divine! What a delicious treat! I like that you can swap the recipe around to make different flavours as well. Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe. (And please don't worry, I didn't know it was peach month either!)

    ReplyDelete

Followers